Irrittating guests!

Anoeta0
Level 4
Lipari, Italy

Irrittating guests!

Ciao all! After many years , today i put on hold my accomodation.  Enough is enough! My staying guests, arrived today.  Check in is from 4 pm , he start calling and send me messagges at 9 am. I told him other guests are having breakfast....  anyway they showed up to leave luggage ( i did not want it. I do not wanted to pressure the other guests). I told them as soon they leave you can come up to change and go to the beach, that what they wanted).

After 1 hours send a messagge, you can come and change. 

Answer: not we want to have the room ready ! 

Run run... i cleaned  the room and they checked  in 4 hour before the allows time. They arrived: what no air conditioning? What you live upstairs? 

Is all written in the ad . 

I try to give some information and they dismiss me 

Sort of: do not waste out time.

I had enough! And i  put on hold my accomodation!!

Thanks i need  to tell someone!

So sad

11 Replies 11
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Oh dear @Anoeta0 . So sorry you have had rude, demanding guests.

Perhaps a break will be good for you, and perhaps some new strategies for being firm with people?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Too bad this guest is the "straw that broke the camel's back", @Anoeta0   You have 4 listings and over 200 reviews, so I imagine this is not an easy decision.  Perhaps if you just take a break you will get your energy and motivation renewed.  Just based on what you posted, I wonder if you might be too accommodating to such rude guests.  I can understand a guest's desire to get to the beach, but check in time is there for a reason.  I actually have a day between guest check out and guest arrival so I can choose to be flexible or not about check in without feeling pressured.  When I do allow early check in, my guests express gratitude and appreciation that I have done something special for them.  Glad you expressed your frustration.  Take care.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anoeta0 your listings say check-in from 5 so that makes it even ruder!

I have a thing on my listing that says early check in might be arranged if we have no booking the previous night. Not sure if that might help?

Anoeta0
Level 4
Lipari, Italy

@Mike-And-Helen0 @Linda108 no is the 5th ad  that i put on hold. Of course you cannot see it. Is a nice room not to expensive , that allows traveller on a budget to see the islands. And normaly i have wonderful guests. 

Thanks for the nice words and suggestions!

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Anoeta0- your problem is not with your rude guests.  Your problem is that you are attempting to be too nice and kind.  You need to think about how to simply say "no."  The incoming guests have paid, they have agreed to your house rules that spell out your check-in time and they are pushing you to see where that gets them.  Simply and nicely, say "I'm sorry, but accommodations will be ready after 5 PM and no sooner.  I will be happy to send you a message if they will be available sooner, but I cannot guarantee an earlier arrival time."  If they try and argue, as we say in my area of the U.S., "stick to your guns!" 

;))

I will learn and try to be' less soft heart!

@Anoeta0  Nothing wrong with a soft heart 🙂 Just save it for the sweet, appreciative guests, rather than the rude, demanding ones who couldn't even be bothered to read the listing description.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Anoeta0 

as I see it, the whole STR rental business is going to hell.  Every day the competition is stronger, more luxurious, more beautiful, prices are lower, guests are fewer and more demanding, regulations are stricter, more and more cities ban Airbnb not to mention trash parties... this is not good. Airbnb balloon is inflating very fast.

I believe every single day hundreds of hosts around the world snap like you and unlist forever or put their apartments and houses for sale. I was surprised last week when I looked at the local ads and found a lot of STR-s for sale or long term lease. Almost all of them are still listed on Airbnb.... but not for long.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

and do you know the news??

for some host airbnb has given the opportunity to pay 9% more for transaction fee

BUT not charge the guests

therefore some guests wenn booking have written ; this host is paying for airbnb fee

all other host will loss reservation!!

why airbnb wants to be like booking and have the same rate, this apply only to hosts using channelmanager

:((

@Anoeta0 

yes, it is practical if you list on other platforms which charge only host fee. In that case, you don't have to calculate the price difference.

But, it is available to hotels and agencies only and you are right, they should use channel manager.

I don't understand why everyone can't use it.

2. Host-only fee

The host-only fee structure was created so that hotels and other hospitality businesses have more control over the final price paid by guests. The host-only fee ranges from 14% to 20% (plus 2% for listings that have a Super Strict cancellation policy) and is the required fee structure for hotels and some other categories of hospitality business. Software-connected property managers can choose between a host-only fee or shared host and guest fee by going to the Service fee tab in Settings.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

airbnb was for owner of the house not agency or hotels

now it looks like they want to keep those instead of us .

or maybe in Italy is still working on it