Is it just me? Latest replies to posts NOT latest posts showing.

Answered!

Is it just me? Latest replies to posts NOT latest posts showing.

Hi,  Is there anywhere you can just see the latest posts (NOT the latest replies to posts, some many months old).  I have looked in three areas and still come up with the same: months old posts with recent replies intermingled with entirely new posts.

Anyone else find this annoying and illogical?  Have I missed the area where just the latest posts are found?

It was the only way to easily get information about recent changes to the site and any updates on functions, glitches etc.

1 Best Answer
Karen-and-Will0
Level 10
Maryland, United States

@Ange2: I also find it challenging and illogical with this new setup. So much so that it has significantly decreased my desire to look at the forum and to offer help. I really wish it would go back to all posts by most recent. Thanks for posting this concern.  Hopefully it will be changed/improved soon.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ange2,

New posts now appear under the  "Unanswered" link just below the "Community discussions" heading.

Is that what you're looking for?

The new layout defaults to "Top" which is a selection of the most commented on posts. The posts in this list can be old but people can be still leaving comments on them.

The screenshot below shows the unanswered list and the post shows as having been left 52 minutes ago.

Screenshot.png

@Steve143    Hi and thank you.  I was just looking for all new posts,  it's an easy way to keep up with new functions, changes and glitches when they are ordered by date posted instead of date replied to.  Now they are all mixed in together new posts, latest replies to any posts etc. the "unanswered" does not really help as someone might have responded to a glitch about a post with a work around and then  it is lost under a mountain of latest replies to much older posts.

Karen-and-Will0
Level 10
Maryland, United States

@Ange2: I also find it challenging and illogical with this new setup. So much so that it has significantly decreased my desire to look at the forum and to offer help. I really wish it would go back to all posts by most recent. Thanks for posting this concern.  Hopefully it will be changed/improved soon.

@Karen-and-Will0    I agree it's become way too time-consuming.  I  did write a Host Voice about it you want to agree click HERE

@Ange2:  Great idea to put on Host Voice. I just gave it a thumbs up. Hopefully more hosts will go over and do the same!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ange2, @Steve143 and @Karen-and-Will0,

It is great to see you have started this thread and in Host Voice, the feedback is invaluable and I find it really useful to be able to understand more about how you and the rest of the community would like your CC to work. I am not sure if you have seen we had a similar discussion in the Announcement board around the 'Top' tab on the homepage and were discussing the pros and cons and how it could work - please do take a look as it would be great to gather you opinions on that as well. Here is the thread. 🙂

Going back to your point here about the 'Recent' tab, I thought it might be useful to provide a little more information on the thinking behind this. The idea is that it shows you all of the latest activity (new topics/replies) made in the CC, this way you can tune in and find out what other community members are talking about there and then. This does mean that you will see new replies to old thread if this happens, but perhaps it is a topic that has rekindled, or more feedback is given that might be interesting or a solution to a glitch which a host has just found. If this is just showing new topics you wouldn't see this and could miss out on a popular discussion or interesting topic. Perhaps though, the way it displays could be different, so it shows when the topic was made and when the latest reply was on it (at the moment it just shows when the latest reply was made)?

Also, if you did have just latest topics, how would you like this to work, is there a timeframe on what you would count as latest?

It would be great to hear more thoughts on this and how you would like it to work. 

Thanks again. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie 

Thanks for looking at this. Personally speaking it's a pain to only have the option of  "latest"  with old posts mixed up with new posts, one has to check the date, check to see if the new reply has any relevance, often the question has been answered months ago or is no longer relevant.

I would like to see an extra tab added that says "recent posts" but still keeping the "latest" tab, as in latest replies.  Latest  is relevant, but for a different purpose entirely, the negative of only having 'latest replies' to posts is that it buries recent posts if there are few replies to it.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Lizzie

The other thing that is really annoying with the new changes is that you can no longer see the whole thread when replying to a post, which makes it difficult to provide a reply that doesn't duplicate what others have said/reference previous posts. The most you can do is click on a 'pop up' which enable you to see  only the last post.

Could we have the old system re-instated to help us hosts who are providing advice/feedback.

@Karen-and-Will0   Seems they have archived my suggestion, which I assume means, No.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen3 and @Ange2,

Thanks again for your thoughts here.

I completely agree Helen, I have reported that we miss the ability to see the post we are replying to to our Tech team and I will follow up on this again, so I will let you know.

Ange, I am sorry your suggestion has been archived. The way Host Voice works, as it is based on community crowd-sourced ideas, the most popular ideas are surfaced to the top based on the number of thumbs-up received. There is a minimum number of thumbs-up (which here is currently set to 20) before an 'idea' moves into the next section 'Popular'.  Any that don't reach that are then archived. This is what appears to have happened here with your suggestion.

Having said this though, as I mentioned either in this thread I really want to hear your feedback and I think it is really good to discuss this further. 

I hope we can continue the discussion we were having on this here in this thread. 🙂

Thank you.

Lizzie

Are there anymore thoughts on the Homepage tabs or the new design in general? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Oops!!!! I hope I just didn't ruin my chance at managing a property by sending replies over and over and over again because I thought something was wrong for them not to be showing up. 

Ryne