Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Is it possible to change my username?

Answered!
Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Is it possible to change my username?

Does anyone know who to contact about changing your username on the community forums? Oddly, there doesn't seem to be a setting for this anywhere....

Top Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sean95 

Your username is that from your Airbnb account + a number assigned to it to make it unique.

To my knowledge it can not be changed by yourself.

View Top Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sean95 

Your username is that from your Airbnb account + a number assigned to it to make it unique.

To my knowledge it can not be changed by yourself.

No way of calling myself "Holden McGroin" around these parts then  😉

Lisa722
Level 4
Seattle, WA

I don’t like being assigned a username!! My username now makes me sound like a robot. Just give me my name back and without the 722 behind it. Makes you feel really special to be the 722nd “Lisa” on Airbnb (sarcasm intended). Just let me have my name back, please!!!!!

@Lisa722  What's the big deal? The only reason the numbers were assigned was to make it possible for posters to tag anyone in a thread, whereas before, only 5 names max ever came up. That was a big improvement in this forum, as posters were constantly frustrated at not being able to tag another poster they were responding to. 

The things people get their knickers in a knot about these days is baffling to me. Aren't there more pressing issues to concern oneself about than an identifier on a forum?

Nope, there isn’t, Sarah977 (seriously, you like being “Sarah977”?). I want my name back without all the blasted impersonal numbers. So, no need to concern yourself with the state of my knickers. Will anyone from Airbnb ever answer those of us asking about this?

@Lisa722  I neither like it nor dislike it, it's immaterial to me. But I do like that it's enabled other posters to tag me into a thread, whereas before, with the old system, they often couldn't. It's just a tool. 

Maybe if you actually used the tagging system when you put my name in your post, so it showed up in blue, you'd understand how it works and wouldn't mind it so much.