Is this a scam?

Ελενη9
Level 1
Pireas, Greece

Is this a scam?

Hello, 

I was searcing for a place to rent in Greece and i find an ad about a very intresting house. The contact email was: apt1rent@gmail.com. After we talked about the apartment he/she send me this:

Hi  ,

I will make this rental, through the service, AirBnb the #1 of real estate ads

The monthly price is 300 Euros + 500 Euros guarantee, (500 Euros guarantee is paid only first month, is fully refundable when leave from apartment )

this terms is just to prove you want to rent, AirBnb will hold and insure your money until you check the apartment

In the Apartment can sleep 4 guest, Like any other transactions on Airbnb, they will handle payment and it will be released to me only after you check in

You will not share the property with me or other unknown  , you will have towels , bed linens, fast WIFI are included. If you would like to start the rental arrangements I would need the following info from your side, so I can initiate the rental with Airbnb.  

- Full Name:
- Complete Address:
- Phone Number:
- Email Address:

After I will received this your dates, I will forward the information to AirBnb and they send you Rental invitation with all details for finish your rental

Awaiting your reply.

Thank you

Do you know if its scam?

5 Replies 5
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

yes, it is a cam @Ελενη9 

Everything that Airbnb does is via their site.

Do not send anything via email, do not male bank transfers, wester union transfers. you will loose your money,

Ελενη9
Level 1
Pireas, Greece

Thank you very much. Fortunately, i didnt make any bank transfers or western union transfers.  I blocked them. Unfortunately, they have the adress of where i am living. I hope that there will not be any danger..........

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a very common scam @Ελενη9  - please report it on the place where you saw it advertised and to airbnb.

I wouldn't worry about them having your address.

Ελενη9
Level 1
Pireas, Greece

Ok! Thank you very much! I will mention it and reported on the place that i saw it and to airbnb! Thank you very much!

Zeta4
Level 1
Agios Dimitrios, Greece

i also received the same email from the same email address apt1rent@gmail.com  but for different appartment .

The post was so good to be true so i search it and i found your post. 

i also find a phone in the agency and i call and the phone was fake from other real agency with appartments and they told me that the agency was not from them and they had no idea. 

how can i report the place ?