Issue with adding a day to a guest’s stay

Issue with adding a day to a guest’s stay

We have auto blocking for one day before and one day after a booking. Sometimes a guest requests to come a day early or stay a day later. I can’t find how to do this other than requesting money from the guest. Does that also collect any taxes or airbnb fees?  Do we just request the daily fee and airbnb will add the rest?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

If the guest is already there and wants to stay a day longer and they have been a good guest who you are getting along with well, personally I'd just charge them in cash for the extra day. If it is pre-stay, you could always go into your calendar, remove the 1 day blocking, get them to alter their booking request to include that day before, accept that altered booking, and then you can reset your auto blocking after their booking has gone through.

I figured it out. If you go to their booking and select change reservation, it won’t let you add a day to the front or back if you have auto block set. However if instead you select request money and go through the steps there then it lets you select change dates and will let you add the blocked date and send the request making all the calculations. We didn’t want to just take money for the extra day as that probably is against the rules and also we didn’t want to have to file a lodging tax form which is required here if you don’t have Airbnb collect and pay it for you. It would be helpful if Airbnb would add a statement where you set blocking for prep time to tell you how to do this when you want to override the blocking in these situations.  Thanks for any replies that were sent.