Late arrival Portland Oregon area

Amy81
Level 1
Simpsonville, KY

Late arrival Portland Oregon area

Hi all,

My sister and I will be traveling to Portland, Oregon 8/1 with a late flight. We are super excited and interested in using Airbnb for the first time, however it looks like a lot of places don't allow late check ins. Any recommendations on how to find someone that will allow for checking in past midnight (flight lands at 1 am according to itenerary). 

Many thanks!

Amy

9 Replies 9
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

I have never booked an airbnb in Portland, but my advice I guess would be to look near the airport, or center your search near there?  You may need to stay the first night in one place that just meets your requirement of late checkin, and if you are planning on staying in the middle of the city or something for the remainder of your stay find another place for the rest of the trip that meets all the criteria you are looking for.  

My guess is places outside of city/near airport will be used to odd hours or at least have a bit more space to spread out and therefore your late arrival would be less distrubing.  It may be the case that a multi-story condo in downtown Portland actually has rules about noise at certain hours and the hosts don't want to be sanctioned, etc. and in the true heart of Portland sometimes figuring out parking and all of that can be a process and your host just may want to avoid being woken at 2 am to go talk through the intricacies of getting into the right spot or finding a good street parking spot etc etc.  

Dawn33
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

My sons live in Portland and I was just there!

This is where I stayed and will stay there again. She has four rooms and has this business down to a science.

Tell Sarah that Dawn from Texas sent you! Ask her about late check-in.

https://airbnb.com/rooms/5242296?s=8&user_id=69422956&ref_device_id=abb050ad1bea799f772a14007a29dc6f...

Awesome, thanks so much!!

Of course.
She is conveniently located and on the 75 bus route.

Her Airbnb was cozy and clean.

I hope she can do a late check-in for you. Keep me posted!
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Quite a few hosts will accept late check in, but just don't advertise it as they obviously prefer normal times. It all depends on how many days you are staying, etc...

Also, be prepared to pay for that night's accommodation...

Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

You can look for business listings (they will have the suitcase icon below the photo).  One of the criteria of business listings in that they allow 24 hour check-in.

Kika1
Level 8
Kloten, Switzerland

Middle of the night is indeed an odd hour to check into an airbnb. i would possibly book a proper hotel for that first night, as i dont expect the average host, who has to go to work the next day, to welcome me at that hour.... 

Ari-and-Steph0
Level 1
Portland, OR

We allow a late check in for our unit!
Marlena13
Level 2
Portland, OR

I’m a super host that has an Airbnb near Reed College. I have a key pad lock on my door and I’m flexible for early or late check ins. You may rent a single room or the whole house. Whatever your need is.