Links not working in messages on app

Andy173
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Links not working in messages on app

Links to youtube videos in messages I send my guests through the APP are not getting marked up as links but as plain text.   

This with a PIXEL phone.

This is  a bug.   Please notify your development team.

7 Replies 7
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Andy 

hope you are well. 
we are a community of Airbnb users and do not work for Airbnb- so probably not the best place to post these. 
Thanks,

Yadira 

ps @Stephanie @Quincy do work for them, tagging now! 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Andy173 ,

Thanks for tagging @Yadira22 ! Sorry to hear you are having troubles with the messaging system in-app. Can you confirm you guests have an active booking with you? Links may only be sent once a booking is confirmed.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

They are not working for the guests on their phones and I am unable to click the links on my Android app as well.....this was not the case the last time, and could possibly by a result of the new Android system, I have no idea.   But I will continue to research this for my end.

Wow, I see you guys have been having this problem way back in 2019. That is not a good sign and probably means the issue will never get fixed as it is now may 2020 and the problem is still not fixed.

Yes @Stephanie , guests with active bookings cannot click message links in the app. The same links work fine when messages are viewed from a web browser.

As you can see, the problem has taken so long and yet not fixed, while so many customers have been affected in the meantime. When will this be fixed ?!

Me and my guests are having the same problem. Report the problem as I did in the 'give feedback' section of the app.

If enough people report it then they may eventually fix it

The only suggestion I have for people who are having this problem is to tell your guests to copy and paste the link into a normal web browser.