Long Term Reservations

Kenny134
Level 1
Richmond, VA

Long Term Reservations

Can a person who wants to stay 3 months book month to month?  I am told that AirBNB requests the full amount when they book. 

Question 2:  when a person has been staying for long time and needs to extend their stay an extra week (eg house move in date got pushed back). How to I offer them the monthly rate? Do I offer a special rate? 

2 Replies 2
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Kenny134  I  share my experience with long-term guests with you. 

1. If you want a guest who is to stay for three month to book month to month, Airbnb cannot do anything for you. You may need to discuss with the guest about it. If the guest agrees, the guest can book for one month and a few days before the end of first month, you can ask the guest to alter the checkout date to the end of second month .... Just make sure that you block all the dates the guest is to stay for.

In terms of payment, Airbnb does not charge the total of three months payment for a three month booking. They also charge on the monthly basis.

2. If a person has stayed for over a month and wanted to extend, you can do the same alteration of the booking. Extend the checkout date. The same long-term rate will be applied for extended days. I have done this a few times to my long-term guests.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kenny134 

Payments (and payouts) are processed monthly.. There is also a special  "long term"cancellation policy. You will discover all information is in the HELP by using keywords 'long term'. I suggest to read it all.

Extending or shortening a long term stay can be done by the "change" option in the reservation. But there are some glitches in it, so check calculated price carefully and adjust it manually, if neccesary (By clicking in pricefield and put in right amount). For guests: the Airbnb Service Fee charged is significant lower then for short stays (approx. 11,5% compared to approx. 15,5% in my country)

Hope this helps,

Emiel