Lost a reservation due to "unexplained technical difficulties"

Lost a reservation due to "unexplained technical difficulties"

I've worked with the guest almost all day (started at 10a.m.) to get his reservation work.  Gave a special offer since he is a host himself.  He messaged me to say that his reservation is not possible because the dates are not available, and I  got the same message. I called ABB, the first CS named Max said my calendar shows the dates are not available when they are. After the usual exchange of thoughts, he said not to do anything and give it a few minutes as they were verifying things (the guest was already charged the total amount, what is there to verify).  So I passed the message to the guest.  

Guest texted me after a few hours (afternoon) to say that he got a hold of CS and they got through technical support.  Tech support claimed there was "an unexplained technical difficulty".  Naturally the guest probably had enough and maybe feeling frustrated, thought it isn't gonna work.

I called ABB the second time and got Cannon.  He was giving me a number of possibilities why reservation was pending  like, calendar is not available, checking guest's verification when actually the guest has 9 verifications, etc. that time, the guest messaged me to say that his money will be refunded. I asked if ABB can hold off releasing the money or at least compensate me for all this mishap since it's a tech problem, he said there's nothing ABB can do about it...thanks a lot!

I called back right away to get a different CS, (the third time) and got CS Ahmad.  He was trying hard to get to the root of it all when our conversation was cut off.  He e-mailed me and asked me to resend the special offer and talk it out with the guest which I've already done, but up to this time, haven't heard from the guest...GREAT! so, I lost  5-day booking it showed the reservation was cancelled; didn't say who cancelled.  

I get it, things happen beyond our control, but shouldn't ABB at least give us some compensation for their unreliable tech program? This is not the first for me. There was a missing 1-day charge for extra bed on a reservation and customer service agreed that there was an error in computation.  I was asked to request for extra fee and I felt like I was "chasing" the guest for additional fee but to no avail...I let go... our listing wasn't showing at one point and if it does; it doesn't show the badges...let it go, not worth my time, but losing a booking this time is frustrating that I am writing this long and venting out after all, this is a business.  Any thoughts?

Stan and Juris

1 Reply 1
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Stan-And-Juris0 At moments like that I would do it Polish style. 😉 If their solutions are not working, find a working solution. Both of you are hosts...

And only example why. Once it happened that two guests from a country outised the EU started having issues with verification. It was already evening, getting dark, no place to sleep on their way to another country (overnight stay in Krk to catch a morning bus). Ok, their booking went through, in fact they were sooner at my place than the booking itself. After their stay I discovered to my horror that they had been charged twice - there was a double booking (two bookings) instead of one that had been altered. I did the best I could do. Half a year later we met again... I will leave you with thoughts at this point.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"