Mentioning minor damage in a review.

Willene1
Level 9
Kaleden, Canada

Mentioning minor damage in a review.

Not looking for compensation, just help wording  review for guests that left several cuts in our brand new countertops, 2 are quite deep. We left several cutting boards in the drawers. I’m so upset that I’ve left my review a few days to cool off. They were pleasant guests and did not leave much of a mess, however pink wine or makeup on the white towels and a black splotch on the carpet and oil drips on the fabric shower curtain concerned me. I was able to remove the stains no problem but noticed they had moved the coffee table trunk to cover the carpet stain!  Why not just say something?  I’d be fine with that.  I don’t like that they tried to hide it. 

I don’t want to leave them a bad review but am tempted to leave no review at all as that may say enough. Opinions??  She had no prior reviews either.   

If I do review her, would I just say I was very disappointed that they damaged the new countertop by not using the cutting boards?  

I have now set the cutting boards over the most used areas. Prefer a clean look but not worth getting damaged. 

Thank you. 

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Willene1  uh... yes, always place cutting boards and the base for hot pots (I don't know how it's called in English) on the table and on the countertop so guests can't overlook them.

I also struggle with "delicate" reviews but maybe something like:

XX and her group were pleasant guests and left everything tidy, however, they damaged my new countertop and tried to hide the stain on the carpet. Therefore I can't recommend them.