Missing Host Messages

Ashley286
Level 1
Austin, TX

Missing Host Messages

My family and I have been road tripping across the southwest for the past 3 weeks and starting DURING the second half of the trip, I stopped receiving messages from hosts with door codes, discharge instructions, inquiries, etc which, as you can imagine, is a huge inconvenience (especially when you're traveling with a toddler and baby). They all claim to have tried reaching me or had quickly responded to questions that I had, but I have no messages in my inbox. I tried logging in and out, updating the app, restarting my phone, etc. I also sent a message to customer service 3 days ago and I have no way of knowing if they responded via Airbnb messaging. Anyone else experience this and know how to fix it? I found a previous thread from 2 years ago that didn't appear to have any resolution. Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Is there somewhere you can go to use a laptop and desktop version, rather than the phone app? I keep reading on this forum about ´problems with the app. I guess you didn't by any chance make a note of the hosts' phone numbers? If so, you could phone or text them directly to explain the problem and get the codes, check-in info, etc.

As a host, I always write down upcoming guests' phone numbers and coded airbnb email address, hard copy, in case something screws up with the website.

Yeah, I've tried the laptop and desktop version from my phone and there is nothing 😞

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ashley286  Bummer, sounds like a weird glitch.  If you go to the original messages exchanged with the hosts, if there were any or if you can access them, you should see the host's phone number and coded email address by their profile picture. I don't know if it works like this for guests, but it appears like that for hosts.

Luckily we are at our last house of the road trip and this host actually reached out to me, but I'll be sure to check that on our next road trip in just a few months. Thanks!