Problematic guest and how Airbnb should do more to help the wronged Host

Jacqueline315
Level 2
Cottesloe, Australia

Problematic guest and how Airbnb should do more to help the wronged Host

I've had a guest who's caused me headaches - twice.

First time, he gave me only 2 stars for Accuracy. His reason: No Wifi.

But I hadn't pretended to have Wifi!

Possibly this happened as cooincidentally, straight after he left, Wifi was being installed. So of course the moment it was, I then I upgraded my site, saying it had Wifi. (Perhaps he then looked at the site once it said that, before submitting his review.)

But that's not fair. And Airbnb knows I'm telling the truth as they know when the site is updated so they can see I was never lying about Wifi.

So I contacted Airbnb about this and they said, in the interests of free speech his review should remain. Ridiculous. 2 out of 5 for Accuracy - who wants that thrown into their mix?! And only 3 out of 5 stars all up, whereas most people give me 5.

So I still have this on my site.

Then months later, the same  guy - Kevin - messaged me asking me if I could go to my letterbox and send him his new credit card. He told me he'd used MY address to apply for a credit card!
I think this is criminal - certainly you'd imagine it would breach Airbnb terms and conditions, that Guests use their Hosts' address to apply for credit cards. I replied to Kevin saying he'd had no right to use my address to get a credit card.

So I  then phoned Airbnb about this and told them this pest was the same guy who'd bothered me in the past and told him about the other problem too and asked that they remove him from being able to contact me or ever stay at my place again. The Airbnb guy on the phone agreed that it was wrong that his 2 out of 5 review remains on my site - and said he'd look into everything and get back to me.

But then Airbnb emailed back, saying in the interests of free speech Kevin's review should remain AND the Airbnb guy ignored the whole credit card matter altogether.

So now Kevin, who may well come and try to break into my letterbox to seek his credit card, has not received so much as a reprimand from Airbnb.

Not happy.

Totally unsatisfactory!

I hope no other Hosts have to a) go through this experience b) receive such lack of support from Airbnb

0 Replies 0