Moderate Cancellation Policy

Gary103
Level 2
Paddington, Australia

Moderate Cancellation Policy

Interested to know what am I entitled to in the following circumstance? I had my cancellation policy set to "Moderate" and I had a guest cancel their stay after staying a night. They were not satisfied with the condition of the house even though I did have cleaners come through before their stay. After offering to have the cleaners come back the next morning, they were still wanting to leave and had two more nights remaining but left after the first night. Can some please let me know if I am entitled to the first night paid in full, 50% of the remaining nights of their stay and the cleaning fee - is this correct? 

5 Replies 5
Kim-and-Jen0
Level 10
Oslo, Norway

Hi Gary

Moderate cancelation is full refund 5 days prior to arrival except fees. Means if the guests cancel before they check in they get full refund.

Your guests checked in and stayed for one night (this night incl cleaning fees not refunded).

The rest of the day is up to you if you want to refund them.

Just my advice from my experience. Although you refund them, it doesnt guarantee they will leave you nice review.

Good luck!

As I am the host - and the guest did check out after the first night, does that mean I should receive the first night full payment and cleaning fee and then 50% of the remaining nights that they did not stay?

Hi Gary

Did the guest ask for refund?

24 hrs after the check in the money will be paid to your account. You should receive the whole booking payment. You will receive 50% of the payment IF the guest cancel 5 days prior to arrival.

🙂

Yes the guest cancelled after the first night. The problem has been that Airbnb paid me the full amount, then subtracted money which left me with only the first night payment and cleaning fee. 

Is it correct to assume that they should also pay me 50% of the nights the guests did not stay as well?

Hi Gary,

please check this

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#moderate

You are entitled for the first night and the rest of the nights will be refunded 50%. cleaning fee will be refunded.

You should contact airbnb.