More comments/ suggestions are welcome to New Listing

Alex161
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

More comments/ suggestions are welcome to New Listing

Dear hosters,

I'm a new hoster. I need your comments/ suggestions to my new listings.

http://bit.ly/2b2PRln

Welcome to Vancouver!

Thank you very much for your attention!

Alex

11 Replies 11
Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

@Alex161

Photos are great! You took them yourself? I would recommend you sign up for free Airbnb photography as verified photos give you a boost in search.

Another tip: Change your title. A guest has likely already narowed down search for 1 bedrooms so this gives them no new information.

[Parts of message removed because contrary to the Community Center Guidelines]

Great to see you provide some advice for free. However, In the spirit of this being a hosts forum where hosts give advice and tips for free, shouldn't you be doing the same Daniel, rather than pushing your paid for service ?

As a prior BnB employee Daniel, I'm sure you know you are not allowed advertise your paid for service on these forums 🙂

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10

@Helen3

I hope I'm not violating any rules, I'll look into it - thanks for the suggestion!

I've answered many questions without mention of my site, but when I come upon one that specifically asks for suggestions or is from a frusterated host, I do let them know that help is out there. 

Hello Daniel

Lizzie , the BnB Community Manager confirmed that people shouldn't advertise their services on here. Perhaps speak to her for clarification.

Hi Daniel,

Highly aapreciate your favorable reply!

Can I know how to sign up airbnb photography as verified photo?

Thanks

Alex

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10

@Alex161

Make sure you're signed in, then go to https://www.airbnb.com/info/photography

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Alex

I work in marketing and communications as my day job, so perhaps can offer a little advice...

I agree your headline needs some work perhaps something like 'Modern designer apart with balcony & a view minutes from Centre'. or something similar.

If you have already ensured your price is comparable to your competitors, I would have a look at your copy.

The description of your home is a little dry so you could work on that.

You don't mention you as a host at all, or what sort of visitor would be most suitable for your apartment. Maybe mention some key attractions within easy reach and have photos of them. Make sure your profile gives a real sense of who you are and you have decent profile pics that show you clear. What do you do, where do you like to travel, what are your hobbies. You have a photo of a building rather than yourself, which doesn't inspire confidence.

Your check in window is a little early - can you not accomodate guests who arrive a little later?

You can also get others to review your property who have stayed there but not as Bnb guests for example a superhost.

Best of luck.

Helen

Hi Helen,

It's so kind of you that you provide the great suggestion.

The title has been changed. I will work on the discription soon.

Thanks a lot!

Alex

I agree with Helen about the description of your apartment; it could be made to sound more personal and welcoming.  Also, maybe more on what supplies are offered in the kitchen.  Your photos are fabulous!  They look very professional.  And your apartment is gorgeous.  I've read much on this website and hadn't read that not having a professional photographer impacts your placement.  I took our listing photos myself (and they're not as good as yours), and our house has been consistently the first or second house listed in our tourism-focused destination community (near Mt. Rainier) since I first listed in June.  Good luck.  You have a stunning listing!

Hi Lois & Darryl,

Highly appreciate your providing such good suggestion!

Your house looks so nice... When I saw it in the picture, I'd like to have a vacation right away, haha... Hope I have a chance in the near future.  If you have time, welcome to Vancouver!

By the way, would you like to share how your listing could be put in the top in your area?

Thank you very much and enjoy the life!

Alex

http://bit.ly/2b2PRln