My account has been hacked! Where do I contact support???

Answered!

My account has been hacked! Where do I contact support???

Hi,  I have been getting air bnb emails in Chinese the last couple of days.  And I just logged into my account and noticed I have a listing in China!  I need to contact Air bnb support ASAP but can't I find anything on their web site.  Who do I contact!

If I don't get a respond in the next hour I'm cancelling my account...

Rob

1 Best Answer

@Rob87   All the ways to Contact Airbnb   Hope you get it sorted asap. Mine changed to a different language last week. Check your settings and see what you have as preferred language they could have a glitch in that area.

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Rob87 try doing a search here in the community centre for Contact Airbnb.

Thank you...this is bad...besides the listing, they added payment info to a paypal acct.

Steven47
Level 3
Northampton, United Kingdom

Quickest way to contact Airb & b is via Twitter - they usually reply within minutes

Thank you...I guess I'll do that although it's rediculous.  I have to create a Twitter account so that I can delete my AirBnB account.

You don't have to create a Twitter account to delete your AirBnB account. 

Go to

Host

Manage Listings

Calendar and More

Basics

Then scroll to bottom of that page and you will option to permanently delete your account

@Rob87   All the ways to Contact Airbnb   Hope you get it sorted asap. Mine changed to a different language last week. Check your settings and see what you have as preferred language they could have a glitch in that area.

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

The best way to contact Airbnb is by phone. Look for their holiness number from Google and give them a call. You are actually appearing as if you are from China. Also reformat your PC as there may be a Trojan horse playing around. Good luck.

Best regards.

Oomesh Kumarsingh ***

Julia186
Level 1
Eagar, AZ

i find it very unsettling when the hosts find it almost impossible to contact Airbnb when there is something wrong with their account.  Mine is messed up.  Some of it, such as the calendar, I was able to fix myself.  Income data is wrong, wrong, wrong.  That, I cannot fix.  Now, I am going query my account as a renter and see what else is off.  Very upset with Airbnb for not contacting we hosts about their site being hacked.   AND, I will tell anyone and everyone I know about it.   A precautionary tale.

@Julia186

Please search for the airbnb contact thread on this forum and save it to a place where you'll have easy access. It's a very long list of local numbers all over the world, for you in the US it's just 855-424-7262. Googling it gives you the direct answer. 

I looked at your listing, looks like a beautiful area and very cheap. YOu should consider adjusting your discounts. I could book your place for a month for 4 people for only $1700 a month! Wow! It seems like a great deal to get 45% off. Usually that's not the best way for a host to do it though. So reduce it to something more reasonable like 10-15% monthly and 5-10% weekly. 

Ash & Dasha,

Thank you so much for your input.  I noted the contact info and adjusted pricing per your suggestion.  I also found some other things that were off on my account. 

Andi11
Level 1
Spring, TX

Mine was hacked just now as well.  I have not used my account for three years - I have never been a host only a guest.  My credit card was charged for a reservation then refunded.  I attempted to reach Airbnb and it took about three hours to get someone on the phone.  They were vague and said that I should wait for contact from their defense team.  I then received an e-mail from them ----in Chinese---

When I look at my account my picture has been changed to someone of chinese ethnicity and my preferred language has been changed to chinese.  I am unable to edit my account.  I asked them to cancel my account and they said that they could not do that - to wait for my case manager.  In the meantime, they would not verify that my account and account information - including my Credit Card number was compromised or hacked.  I had to call my bank and have them close that account and re-issue new cards.

I am guessing that if I do hear from Airbnb - it will be in Chinese........

Andi11
Level 1
Spring, TX

By the way - "my photo"  picture that is showing up on this thread that is generated from Airbnb accounts is NOT me.

I can't edit the photo and I can't seem to close the account

Suchanya0
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

My credit card has been hacked from airbnb today.

How can i contact customer service?

Grecia0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

My account has been hacked! The hacker changes my email address I use to log in and the phone number I registered in Airbnb. I have called Airbnb customer support for 5 times and No sulotion at all. Since 4 days I could not access my account and I have guests coming tomorrow and the day after. They need airport pick up and I could not contact them.

I have emailed Airbnb support and no reply at all.

I sent DM from twitter and no answer!! What should I do?