My fixed price changes on the site

My fixed price changes on the site

Hi All!

The price listed for my room keeps changing on the site and I don't know why. It's listed at $69/night with a $25 cleaning fee. Last week it showed $94/night as the nightly price & yesterday it was $84/night. When I look on my calendar the price is correct. Smart pricing is off. My inquiries have dropped off considerably probably because it looks to be a higher amount. It seems to me it's adding my daily amount & cleaning fee and showing it on the listing as the daily rate?? 

Any ideas? I really don't want to remove the cleaning fee just to keep the listing correct.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

What is happening to you is, I believe, correct.  When you log out and do a search for your own property, depending upon the reservation request you enter, the price shown can be different.  When you look at your listing when you are logged in, and you're "managing listing" it shows your nightly charge.  However, the people who are searching for a listing will see the total nightly cost to them, not just your per night charge.  If you have a cleaning fee, and one person stays two nights, the nightly cost charged to them will be different than one person staying three nights with a cleaning fee.  If you are marketing well and your pictures show a great place to stay, those differences in nightly cost, I don't feel, should make a difference.  You should still be as competitive as you would be with just your nightly charge (unless you have an exorbitant cleaning fee).  Good luck.  I hope this helps clear your questions up.

I believe its showing occupancy taxes. Mine does the same here in Charlotte.

We don't have occupancy taxes in our area, thank goodness!

Thank you so much, that makes sense. That would explained the different prices according to the changing number of people or nights. It's just seems that I've had a lot less inquiries since adding on the cleaning fee. Thank you!