Need some guidance..

Sheila76
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Need some guidance..

I am a new host and I recently accepted a guest for February 10th-12th, with guest departing Sunday am. My bad as I accepted in error due to personal family issues. When I noticed I immediately contacted the guest, apologized for the error and cancelled. She understand with no issue. 

Thank goodness my personal issue has been resolved and I want to unblock those days again. Has anyone gone through this before and do you have any suggestions? Air bnb has blocked out those days. How do I get them unblocked?

Bye the way, I'm new as of October, 2016, have had about 8 bookings so far and have never cancelled before. Air bnb says that if you haven't cancelled within 7 months, they'll not charge any penalties. 

Thanks so much. 

3 Replies 3
Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

HI @Sheila76

In this case only Airbnb can answer at your question.

all contacts are here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Community-Help-EN/page/1/thread-...

cheers Raf

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Sheila76

Can you link to where you have found information from BNB which says  'if you haven't cancelled within 7 months you won't get penalties'.

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sheila76

If you contact Airbnb as @Helen3 says you may get away with it in this instance because of the short time you have been hosting. It is however 6 months, not 7 months!! And this may just refer to the monetary penalties. But, you won't get away with it again and that is why you must contact Airbnb and plead your case! There are very strict rules about hosts cancelling guest reservations and ignorance is not an excuse....you must know what you are doing. 

Here is the relevant part of the host cancellation rules, read it Sheila and make sure you are aware of it in future....

Host cancellation penalties.png

I am providing a link to Airbnb's help section here and Sheila, I am leaving the link on this page because it is so important! But type a short question into the search box on this link and you can access all the rules and regulations surrounding hosting on Airbnb......

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reserv...

If a hosting cannot take place for one reason or another you must contact Airbnb and work out a solution that does not involve you cancelling the reservation.

Another bit of information you should keep handy is the phone numbers to contact when soemthing does go wrong.

The US phone numbers are as follows......

(USA) +1-415-800-5959 (local San Francisco number) 

or +1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free)

You can't be armed with too much knowledge when you host Sheila....ok

Cheers....Rob