Negative balance showing in Upcoming Payments - error

Harry200
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

Negative balance showing in Upcoming Payments - error

Hi,

I recently took a booking from someone in Brazil who said their sister and their husband would be staying with me (in the UK). As it turned out, I had a telephone call from someone claiming to be the booker's boyfriend and that two other people would be arriving as well. To cut a long story short, I was uncomfortable with the situation and the mis-match of stories and felt highly suspicious given that I could no longer get in touch with the original booker. So I asked Airbnb to cancel the reservation, which they did. I was reimbursed for one night, while the guest got the rest of their money back.

This showed up on my completed transactions as a payout to me of £212, with an adjustment of -£180, giving me a total payout of £32 for the one night. Fine.

However, somehow, in my upcoming transactions page,  I have another adjustment of -£180 showing. 

I have since had some other guests to stay and have not received any payment. In fact I have had £140 worth of bookings, but my upcoming transactions page has a balance of -£40. So it appears I owe Airbnb!

I have rung customer services four times to discuss this issue now. I have been placed on hold, spoken to managers, been promised call backs and have had the case escalated to a higher priority and been promised that a new case manager will be assigned. I cannot seem to get this erroneous -£180 'charge' removed so that I can be paid the money I am owed!

Can anyone please help with some ideas as to get a resolution? I am close to giving up on Airbnb and removing my listing.

Thank you.

H

0 Replies 0