New host in Fresno no booking for August

New host in Fresno no booking for August

So we just started hosting in July in Fresno, when we first went live July 1 we got bookings one after another and for August it stopped even though we’ve had 8 five star reviews so far... I tried pricing it low but I don’t want to go too low and attract the wrong crowd so I’d rather have it vacant.  I’m wondering if August is a slow month in Frenso.

what are your thoughts? We’re hosting an entire house 

6 Replies 6
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Georgia169  I don’t see there are any listings in your profile. This could be the reason why you had no bookings recently. Please make sure that your listing is in the Listed status. 

this is our listing , I created an account under my husband’s name and I guess I logged in using my old account but here’s our listing :

https://abnb.me/ef78mnieBY

@Georgia169 @I think your home is priced well to some of the comparisons that are available. The pictures look great! Do you have a minimum night stay? If it’s too long I would worry you won’t show up in search for some guests. Also some guests book far in advance so you may have missed the boat on those that plan well. I notice there is only one queen, I wonder if having another queen and getting rid of one of the bunk beds would help? Kids can sleep on air mattresses, sofa’s and bunk beds, but adults not so much. 

Katrina, thank you so much for your feedback!  Being new hosts we appreciate what experienced hosts have to share.  We have no minimum stays so far and perhaps you're correct that people don't book so far in advance.  We will consider phasing out one bunk bed, we have spent so much furnishing and it will take awhile to get the ROI so not sure when we can phase out the bunk bed.

I have logged on to my husband's account now.  I didn't realize I had logged in with my old account.  Please keep the helpful tips coming in!  Thank you!

Hi B&G,

We are hosts in Fresno and have bookings through December. I'll take a look at your listing today. Feel free to message us directly 

Hello Frank and Jesse,

We thank you in advance for your insights. We appreciate inputs from experienced hosts like you. We have some bookings until October but we find it’s not as busy as July and haven’t had any inquiries the past week so I’m wondering if people booked well in advance and August is just a slow month .