New to hosting. Please review our new listing.

New to hosting. Please review our new listing.

Good evening,

I am new to Airbnb. I have just created my first listing

www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/24320735

Despite having what seems to be a decent property in a decent location at a sensible price, I have had only one booking and no enquiries.

We have tried to think what guests would like and we have tried to ensure that I have placed keywords in the adverts. 

If anyone had a few minutes to cast an eye over this listing i would be gratefull.

Many thanks in advance

Peter

4 Replies 4

@Peter942

The listing looks really nice. As it is a new listing I would suggest......

1, Add some text to your own profile, maybe saying how long you have lived in the area, what your interest are, how you like welcoming people,families from around the world..that kind of stuff...just to make potential guests know a bit about a new host, and have confidence.Maybe a photo with you outside and with a smile could give that "welcome" "friendly" feel too

2. I would maybe add some photos of the local nature, maybe the local pub, the charming shop in the village,local bakery,church, ..or little details about the village to give potential guests an idea of what the village is like and the area around it. Or add nearby villages with gastropubs,etc too.

3 . Add maybe photos of any nearby tourist hotspots, landmarks, or places where, for example, you can hire bicycles,canoes, etc or special hiking routes and general things to do....that may attract those that are not so familiar with the area. You can write descriptions under each photo to give more information.

4. If there are any special events or festivals etc nearby add details of those too, to give the impression that it is an interesting area to be discovered.

I noticed one small typo - "   dinning table " ...just as you start to read about The Space

You could add in the main description that there is central heating...I didnt see that mentioned.

Maybe offer your first guests a free bottle of wine and/or some snacks  and send them a private message asking them for honest feedback on their stay

Mike, Thanks for that

Profile, good idea, I have added some family orienttated text but will take some time ot work out better words.

Yes will get some more local photos.

events, I will have a look and add some details

Typo sorted,

Thanks for taking the time to help

Peter

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Peter942 ,

If you only rent it for a week and check-in/out only saturday-saturday, it will limit bookings offcourse.

As the weekly discount is allways applied this way, you could also change the base price(s) (it will show a lower price in search results). As it is an entire house, i suggest to set a deposit.

Searching: When entering "Tornhill" it does come up with suggestions in Canada and Africa, only when entering "Thornhill Stirling" it suggests UK, and then your listing is at nr 1 on first page. But entering "Stirling" or "Stirlingshire" the listing does not show up, as it's not covered by the map then.

So for a foreigner i think it is not easy to find, unless you know a place called "Thornhill" excists in UK !

Best regards, Emiel

saturday to saturday, yes difficult but for family reasons some thing we need to do.

We have dropped the base price

Yes thornhill is a small village at the edge of the trossachs , a popular walking, hiking area. That was why I tried to add trossachs in the title. As you say the listing does appear if the user zooms out on the map.  I am not sure how to get the listing to show in a wider area. I will do some research.

Thanks for looking and your suggestions