No communication from guest since booking

Roisin18
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

No communication from guest since booking

So this guest booked messaged to say why she was visiting here ( moving country to start new job) I asked her to please keep in touch with estimated arrival time to make sure I'm in. We are now on arrival day and past check in time and still heard nothing.

4 Replies 4
Mohammed134
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

As there is no communication please contacts customer support and they will be able to try and call her directly to get hold of her if it’s past 24 hours check and still no one shows up I believe they can cancel the bookings without any $$ penalty on your end and the guest would lose the booking reservation amount 

@Roisin18  If you are not able to spend the whole day at home waiting for an uncommunicative guest, send a follow-up message to the guest via Airbnb to state what time window you will be on site to conduct the check-in.

If this time window passes and the guest has still not arrived or responded, that would be the time to get Airbnb involved. The proper thing to do on their end would be to treat the matter as a guest cancellation, under the terms of your policy, but generally they allow 24 hours for the other party to respond. 

One consideration that might be relevant, if the guests are arriving from overseas, is that their flights may have been affected by the (now suspended) strike at Heathrow. If the guests supplied any information about where they were travelling from today, you can try to track it.

Roisin18
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Guest is driving up from down south. She told me in her original message. I also explained why I needed to know an estimated time and been messaging for a week with no response.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Roisin18  If I find people are unresponsive, I send a message that says we need an arrival time to ensure that keys and entry to the airbnb can be ensured.  This has a 99% success rate.  

Of course, for you that tactic is too late so you will either have to wait all day or have airbnb reach out to the person directly.