Not Getting Paid Out

Christina978
Level 2
New York, US

Not Getting Paid Out

I have been reading story after story here about hosts not getting paid out.  It is Christmas week and I have not been paid in a week post check in of the guest on 12/22.  I have been calling multiple times per day as it has really ruined my holidays having this planned income withheld.  I keep getting the same scripted responses: 

1. "there's a technical issue, your guest updated their number of guests" - meanwhile my listing isn't variable on number of guests until is goes above 6.  this party is of 5.

2.  "It has been resolved, you will be paid out within 24-48 hours" (complete lie)

3.  "your case manage is looking at it as we speak, I can see that he is in there". (another scripted lie, as he has been looking at it not stop for days yet can't call me or return my messages?  What's the priority here?)

I have added a new payment method in the case it's a hang up with the default, still nothing.

I am so furious and really can't take this - has anyone had success in calling in a housing authority or law inforcement?  IT IS THEFT.

18 Replies 18

I am beginning to agree.  Who do you recommend?

Jeanette213
Level 1
New Zealand

Getting so frustrated, I have not been paid for guests who checked out 29 January, 21 days ago.  How do you contact Airbnb?  There is no email address and when going to the help there's no one to ask?  Does anyone have a direct link to go to Airbnb.  I've never known a business that doesn't have an email address, thinking of changing to another holiday accommodation site.  

I saved this as I have been contacting them for the last 2 months

https://www.airbnb.ae/help/contact-us/topic

Jenn4230
Level 1
Dubai, AE

I have the same issue, I have 2 nights guests who checked out on Dec 16, 2019 and still haven't paid. I have written to them 6 times already and I get the same answer, "Due to technical issue" , this was due to the $2 price difference when the guest change the date of the booking. And  worst part is, they close the incident even the issue is not yet resolved! It is very frustrating as I couldn't get an answer from them when are they gonna pay me. They dont even call to update, its a complete silence. I thought it was just me.