Overbooking due to calendars with other listing sites

Overbooking due to calendars with other listing sites

Hey there, airbnb community.  Maybe someone has suggestions?  I have a multicalendar listing plus I had an overstay and an auto-aceptance from another site (which I didn't even know they could do) simultaneously.  I am finding it very difficult to accommodate everyone and have tried changing dates, making offers etc.  There are a few other airbnb hosts in my community that may be able to help with overflow - if only there was a way to offer a transfer to another airbnb host.  As it is if I cancel a reservation it is a charge of $100 US - didn't know that until now either!  Also I have automatic booking and I thought we were allowed to cancel an automatic booking without penalty.  But when I tried, I got the $100 US penalty.  I now have found out that moving forward, I had to sync my calendars from other sites, which I have now done.  I have blocked all my immediate open spaces on the site for the next couple of months while I figure this out.  But I still need help dealing with this situation.  If anyone has a tip, very grateful!  Best, Bernadette

2 Replies 2
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Bernadette

Whichever site gives you the most business and the most favourable rates stick with them and ditch the rest.

With regards to your more immediate problem, cancel the bookings from the site you intend to ditch.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

It's all about creating good habits. As soon as you book out on another website, update your calendars. Most of the major websites such as TripAdvisor, booking.com etc have calendar synching so you can simply log in and press the sync button (they don't always update immediately). If you cancel on Airbnb your rank will plummet pretty quickly so don't do it.  Whatever websites give you bookings stay on them- just be better organised any you'll be fine!