PAYMENT

Claire393
Level 1
Kasama, Zambia

PAYMENT

Good morning all,

I have just listed our property yesterday, Thorn Tee House, Livingstone, and have not been asked for our bank details. We have a booking come in ... an am wondering how is Airbnb going to pay us ? Also we have entered our rate at $80 per room per night and a pop up shows us a rate of $68 ???

We live in Zambia, we have bank account here in Zambia, if anyone else is on Airbnb in Zambia I would REALLY appreciate advic on banking and transfers and charges.

Where is Airbnb sending funds to us frm, where are they based ? I know some banks charge$25 to $50 per transfer so wo pays this ? Should we increase our rates becuase we cant afford to foot the bank charges.

URGENT ADVICE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED PLEASE

Claire 

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Claire393 I’m obviously not from Zambia, but Airbnb is based in the US and will pay you from there. From what I’ve read, the host is responsible for all charges their bank charge for incoming money. You’ll setup your bank details in the Payout Preferences. 

Thank you so much for your reply, ouch so we could lose up to $50 per transfer .... I guess the only way round this is to increase our rates to include this charge so that at the end after all fees have been taken we end up with our original rate !

Can you advise please and sorry for asking where the payout preference select is as I havent been asked to complete anything so am wondering when they will ask for our details ?

Thank you