PRICING

Answered!
Carol178
Level 1
Tauranga, New Zealand

PRICING

I am a New Zealand host and my price per night is set at $130 New Zealand dollars. An unknown American host searched for my listing and messaged me that my listing comes up as $250 US per night.  (Didn't think our exchange rate was that good!) I will be missing out on bookings because of this exchange difference.  Can anyone tell me how to get hold of AirBnB to fix this?  Thanks

1 Best Answer
CarlandDiane0
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

@Carol178, here's one way to find out what people see when they see your listing on Airbnb: Sign out of Airbnb, clear the cookies in your browser, and then run a search for properties in Tauranga for dates you know your property is available. This should let you see what potential guests see.

Remember that your cleaning fee and Airbnb's guest service fee (which is different and higher than the service fee it charges us hosts) will be included in that total amount. These can increase a nightly rate substantially. Our rate is $114 US per night. Once you add the one-time cleaning fee and Airbnb fees, that $114 per night amount suddenly totals around $145.

And as you probably know, the dollar currently is strong against NZ currency ($1.44 NZ dollars to $1 US) so if anything your price should look very inexpensive once converted to US dollars. Though something could be screwy with Airbnb's currency converter algorithms.

Finally, if you have Smart Pricing activated, then it's conceivable that Airbnb is asking that much for some more in-demand dates. But Smart Pricing never raises our price by more than $10 a night or so.

Airbnb's NZ support line is +64 4 4880 888

Hope this helps!

Carl and Diane

View Best Answer in original post

54 Replies 54
Natalie226
Level 1
Portland Parish, Jamaica

MY PRICE IS ADVERTISING 13$ CAD AND I CANT CHANGE IT IT KEEPS THE SAME PRICE MY PRICE IS 110$ PER NIGHT FOR 2 PERS AND NOW IT KEEPS STAYING AT 13$ CAD 

I’m having this same problem! Did you find a resolution?

HI All. I am very  new to AirBnB. When adding my pricing there is only a minimum and maximum fee. The it shows per night rates. Where do I add that my rates as per person per night sharing, Single rates and children (2-12 yr) pays another rate. Feeling frustrated. Anelda, South Afica

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Anelda1 Welcome to the hosts forum, Please go to your listing and at "Listing status" click edit, in the drop down box choose "Snooze" and snooze the listing for a few days until you are more familiar with how it all works. I would also recommend turning off Instant booking until you know more about it. you can still alter your listing while snoozed & unsnooze at anytime.

Your listing needs setting up correctly, Firstly your B&B has 5 bedrooms and each of those bedrooms has to be listed individually.

Bedroom 1 for 1 - 2 or 3 , Bedroom 2 for 1 or 2 guests etc so that in total you will have 5 listings. At the moment someone can book 10 guests (all bedrooms) for the price of 1 guest.

Go to your listing and under "Pricing"  edit "Extra charges" as below. Airbnb has no child pricing.

Untitled4.jpg

Kim418
Level 8
Tasmania, Australia

Hi there. I have turned smart pricing OFF. useless!!

I went to my calendar and changed the settings for the whole year.

I completely ignore their price suggestions. Rubbish!!

But, I have rung and spoken to EXTREMELY helpful staff.

Thats just my experience.

Also, to make lasting changes you need to get on your computer - smartphones only get you halfway there.

Kim

Joanna136
Level 2
South Africa

1. if my price read so much per night for two people for the entire house and they book saying they are 5 people how do airbnb adjust the price
  2. and how do i re adjust the price for instance for the cleaner
Shelly78
Level 2
Bellemont, AZ

I have the exact same problem.  I have turned off the flexible pricing.  On my listing, I have set the price for $130 per night.  When I go to search for my property on Airbnb, it lists my property as renting for $200 per night.  Yes, I have double checked that I do not have flexible pricing on.  Does anyone know how to take care of this discrepancy or contact Airbnb?

Marie1708
Level 1
Chicago, IL

I have my listing set a static price for $225 but I keep receiving requests for $160. Airbnb community any insight?

Jonathan1420
Level 2
Woolooware, Australia

I am in the process in setting up my listing and I am not sure how to price it as my situation is quite unique. I live on a golf coarse and the gof club is 30 seconds walk from my door. I'm 5 minutes from the beach. If anyones out there that can give me a bit of an idea it would be much appreciated. Kind regards.

JFDuncan

@Jonathan1420  Charge more than your neighbors and guests will think it's better.