PRICING

Answered!
Carol178
Level 1
Tauranga, New Zealand

PRICING

I am a New Zealand host and my price per night is set at $130 New Zealand dollars. An unknown American host searched for my listing and messaged me that my listing comes up as $250 US per night.  (Didn't think our exchange rate was that good!) I will be missing out on bookings because of this exchange difference.  Can anyone tell me how to get hold of AirBnB to fix this?  Thanks

1 Best Answer
CarlandDiane0
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

@Carol178, here's one way to find out what people see when they see your listing on Airbnb: Sign out of Airbnb, clear the cookies in your browser, and then run a search for properties in Tauranga for dates you know your property is available. This should let you see what potential guests see.

Remember that your cleaning fee and Airbnb's guest service fee (which is different and higher than the service fee it charges us hosts) will be included in that total amount. These can increase a nightly rate substantially. Our rate is $114 US per night. Once you add the one-time cleaning fee and Airbnb fees, that $114 per night amount suddenly totals around $145.

And as you probably know, the dollar currently is strong against NZ currency ($1.44 NZ dollars to $1 US) so if anything your price should look very inexpensive once converted to US dollars. Though something could be screwy with Airbnb's currency converter algorithms.

Finally, if you have Smart Pricing activated, then it's conceivable that Airbnb is asking that much for some more in-demand dates. But Smart Pricing never raises our price by more than $10 a night or so.

Airbnb's NZ support line is +64 4 4880 888

Hope this helps!

Carl and Diane

View Best Answer in original post

54 Replies 54

Patricia in Suffolk, England   email [Email address hidden]

Dear Bobby, What address did you use for your 5 -6 letters?

Is there another site we could use instead of Airbnb?

I have the exact same problem, the rate is much higher when searching the area than when you click on my calendar.  I have turned the smart pricing off, how do you contact AirBNB

Carina22
Level 1
Tullamore, Ireland

I cannot change the prices on my calender ???

Nadia102
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I am facing the same issue. Prices are not reflecting correctly and have had to decline reservations. Has anyone been able to resolve this.

Dawn-and-Louis0
Level 1
Delaware, United States

I am so frustrated with Airbnb about the pricing.  I set the prices and Airbnb keeps changing them back.  Thier pricing makes no sense and is making me lose money in the busy season while losing customers in the off season.  Example:  In July the most popular month, it keeps setting prices and charging customers only $125 while in October it has changed my prices to $140 !   I go through and change the prices and later, Airbnb changes them back.  HELP !!!!!    

Check if you have enabled smart pricing. If you have, then abb will change your pricing automatically. You need to uncheck the smart pricing box to keep your prices stable. 

David603
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

I am having trouble too. The price on the initial photo shot is oncorrect and I cannot change it. All other prices are in order.

Any ideas???????

If you have applied a weekly or monthly discont, then I believe the price shown on initial photo will reflect this lower price. If however the guest only books one night, then they will be charged the higher price. Lesley 

Josie19
Level 2
Ireland

Hello, i hope you can help me. 

I receive a booking for 31nights from dec.4, 2017 up to jan.4, 2017. The expected cost including the monthly discount should be around 1,100euros however the total cost reflected is only 450euros. I checked the breakdown of the price but could only see the total price accommodation which is incorrect as per my calculation plus service charge and cleaning. Is there anyway of knowing what the reason for the strange price? Looking forward to your assistance. Thank you

Bill-And-Anna0
Level 1
Walnut Creek, CA

Can I charge a base price for two people and an additional fee per person above two?

Hi bill and ana, yes you can make a base price base on two guests and additional cost after the 2nd adult. Check on price setting - fees and discounts. 

All the best!

Antonia53
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi there, I dont see a place for my to type in the per person per night rate? How do I do this? I want my cottage to be cheaper if its only one person. Thank you 

Robin-and-Kosha0
Level 1
Findhorn, United Kingdom

I have a slightly different topic - my listing is for £50/night but it seems that AirBnB have decided to reduce the rate to £44 ior even £42 if still free a few weeks before.  Is that normal?  How can I stop it?

Hi ! if your property is on smart pricing, Airbnb can change the prices accordingly. If you would like to customize and arrange your own fix price, turn off the smart pricing.

Hope this helps!