Pay out

Abbey6
Level 1
Taupo, New Zealand

Pay out

Hi 

im new to hosting. I had people check in over a week ago. They checked out, and I still haven't been paid. We are long past the 30 confirmation date as well. So can someone please tell me why I haven't been paid out?? 

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

When a host first starts, Airbnb pays a bit later (about 30 days) then 'normal' (1 day after guest leaves).

@Abbey6, if you are past the 30 days after the first booking confirmation, you probably need to contact AirBnB about when your payment will be sent.

I have also heard that you can look in your Host Dashboard. On your profile page (or in the menu that pops up under your photo in the upper right) you should be able to find a page called "Transaction History".

On the Transaction History page, you can select "Future Transactions" and it will tell you when you payments are scheduled to be sent to you.

Oh, and @Fred13, I know it is just a typo, but the normal payment date is one day after the guest checks IN, not one day after the guest checks out.

Typo. While on the subject, have you ever been paid well ahead?

@Fred13, I knew it was a typo! Your answers are usually very on point, so I figure that was just a keyboard error.

I have never been paid well ahead.

Has that happened with any of your listings?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Abbey6 

Matthew has is covered here Abbey but just before you contact Airbnb...

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Just a bit about the procedure here as you are a new host Abbey. 

Have you established a 'Payout Method'?

When you start to host and set up your listing page you will be prompted to provide a payout method and you achieve that through this link...

https://www.airbnb.ca/users/payout_preferences

Airbnb do accept a wide range of payout account options and this link may advise you better there......

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/54/how-do-i-edit-or-change-my-payout-method

When Airbnb accepts yours as an acceptable payout option you will be sent a small amount of money to verify that you are all set to receive payouts.

Abbey you may have done all this but, I have to start from somewhere and it is good informtion to have anyway.

Once you start hosting your fist payout will be released to your account 30 days after the reservation is confirmed. So, if your reservation was confirmed 10 days ago and the guest arrived yesterday you are still going to have to wait a further 20 days for the funds to be released to you.

If the reservation was confirmed 45 days ago the funds will be released 24 hours after the guest checks into your property.

This is only for your first hosting. All subsequent payouts will be released to you 24 hours after the guest arrives....and this 'released to you' bit is important! 

The banking industry universally plays games with your money, and although Airbnb hosts funds are released accurately through a nominated schedule it can take anything up to 7 days for those funds to actually show up in your account.....and I am afraid Airbnb have no control over that.

Here in Australia we have a television add that says and shows how it is faster to ride a 'ride-on' lawn mower from Sydney to Brisbane than it is to receive a bank funds transfer.

Mowing...sorry, moving on.....You can at any time Abbey follow the progress of your payout by following this link....

https://www.airbnb.com/users/transaction_history

Your transaction history is split into three sections

1/. Completed Transactions.....those stays funds have been released to your account for!

For a particular reservation if you click the 'View Status' blue field, a box will appear showing when funds were released, what account they were released to, and what date you can expect to see those funds in your account.

2/. Future Transactions......Amounts for stays that Airbnb have already collected but, are being held in trust for you for realease at the appropriate time will be displayed in this section. If you click the 'View Status' blue field it will say 'Payment Pending' and a timeline for the release of that payout will be shown.

3/. Gross Earnings.....this section will show you what your earnings have been for the date range that you insert at the top of this section.

Now Abbey, if after all this you have everything set correctly and a payout to you has missed the nominated timeframe contact Airbnb support through that link at the head of this post and they will quickly sort this out for you.

I hope this helps you Abbey.

Cheers......Rob

'Typos' edited