Payment & cancellation fee

Ana225
Level 1
Dubrovnik, Croatia

Payment & cancellation fee

Hello

I have just got the message from Airbnb that they will deduct cancellation fee (I had to cancel the reservation because guest booked for one night and my policy is minimum 3 nights stay) from my next payout. As I have several apartments this will be deducted from the payout of another apartment. I would kindly ask Airbnb to deduct it from the apartment in which this cancellation was done not from the first next payout. I don't find the way how to contact Airbnb for this issue. Any help?

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Just to be clear the 3 day requirement was part of your listing at the time the booking was made?

David
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you have set your account only to take 3 night bookings (minimum) then there is no way a one night booking would have been accepted. If you haven't done this then you should to prevent a similar situation arising.
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Ana225, In response to your question about the removal of funds from one apartment or the other, this is not what will happen. As far as your dealings with Airbnb, they consider that you have one account through which all your funds flow. What you are requesting is not likely to be possible at this time and it's a private financial split that you will need to manage at your end.

As other writers @Gerry-And-Rashid0 have said, it appears that your settings need updating to prevent one night stays, if your preference is for 3 night minimums. In this case it may have been preferable to allow the booking to stand and all the transactions would have stood on your books against the one venue, you might have even earned a 5 star review..... 

Small losses will occur from time to time. 

Sorry about that. We all make little mistakes along the way. 

Best regards, Christine.