Payment--how?

Answered!
Ellen136
Level 2
Ann Arbor, MI

Payment--how?

This is probably a stupid question, but I am new to Airbnb and have not found a response to a very fundamental question. Very sorry to waste time. I just created my listing and did not find any place in which payment information is listed. How do I get paid for the bookings? Does the person booking first pay Airbnb after which I get paid by Airbnb or what? Again, very sorry for this question as I know it is fundaments. 

Also, since I had to ask this dumb question, is there a how to book somewhere so I don't have to ask questions like this again? 

Ellen

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Ellen136

Its a little daunting at first, you'll get use to it. Go to your dashboard and on the right hand side of the black bar is "Account" click on it and then click on " payout preferences". If you haven't already added a payout method ADD ONE otherwise you won't get paid.

The links below have additional info and should be saved to favorites. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we all like a challenge.

when-will-i-get-my-payout

Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

Community-Help-Guides

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Jeff158
Level 10

Hi @Ellen136

Its a little daunting at first, you'll get use to it. Go to your dashboard and on the right hand side of the black bar is "Account" click on it and then click on " payout preferences". If you haven't already added a payout method ADD ONE otherwise you won't get paid.

The links below have additional info and should be saved to favorites. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we all like a challenge.

when-will-i-get-my-payout

Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

Community-Help-Guides

i have asked the same question. I think airbnb works well for people who rent a room and there is just a few $ lost if it doesnt work. However for prime holiday seasons and a complete holiday home the risk of not knowing about funds is a lot greater and this is where the trust/ not knowing about funds etc is a bit worrying. i would like more info on this uncertainty with community who hava a lot more at stake than a few $. ruth 

Jeff158
Level 10

Hi @Ruth199

It works both ways.

The guest pay's in full at the time of booking and the guest could also be paying for flights/car hire etc. That means the guest puts a lot of trust in the host to provide the accommodation booked, and its why hosts are penalised for cancelling a booking.

In 3 yrs with airbnb I have never had a problem getting paid, had no damage done to my property and I have never cancelled a booking. 99% of the time its a very good system.

You read stories on the forum of not being paid or property damaged, but remember airbnb has over 3million properties listed and we only get a small number of people reporting problems on this world wide forum.

Thats rubish...

My bank says they have nearly a 150 cases not being paid by abanb here in Finland alone...

Carys2
Level 1
Dwygyfylchi, United Kingdom

Hi Jeff Apologies but as we're almost neighbours and you are obviously very experianced with Air B and B I was hoping you could explain how payments work! Sounds daft I know but I've had a number of enquiries from potential customers asking about deposits and full payments eg and Im still not aware of how the payments work? Do they pay a deposit on booking? If so where does that go? Do Air B and B hold the money until the guests have booked in? Apologies for so many questions but so confused and I dont find the website very user friendly! 

Thank you in advance 

Thank you 

i had the same problem i have first guest from airbnb and had no idia how to get paid.in the end i have added the master card details and hope will get payed. can you tell me when i will get paid?

thanking in advance

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ellen136,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I can see that @Jeff158 has given you very helpful answers. Please feel free to ask us anything here in the CC—we're here for you 🙂 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

hallo i had my first gust i put the payuot mathoud but didnt receve money from airbnb 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ariel56,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

It's great to hear you've had your first Airbnb guests! I hope you like Airbnb the experience 🙂 @Jeff158 shared some handy links in this thread. You can find the information shared by him by scrolling all the way up to the first post.

I hope this helps! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi @Ariel56, from that link above

"If you're a new host, we may hold your payouts for 30 days after your first reservation is confirmed"

Not sure why they would do this, is it just to confuse new hosts, who are obviously keen to get their first payment so they know everything is set up properly and working?

John1002
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

Usually my payment 'pay-out' as a host goes into my account after the first day of check-in, but it's taking ages to go in this time for some reason. Is there any reason for this? 

hi  John,     what s    a  payment  method   you ussing ?      

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Pierre747 hi 🙂 You responded to a user from 2017,he might not see this. Is there anything us other hosts can help you with? 

Hi I am new in the site also and have the same question, so far one of the team member told me how to set up the payment preference, but now my question is: how and where could I see how muchh the payment will be and when?

could we see