Payment via PayPal

Answered!
Tina269
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

Payment via PayPal

Hi,

I'm new here. I chose PayPal as the payment option and I received the first payment from my first guest. Now as it isn't on my credit card after 3 days, do I have to do something?

Do I have to withdraw the money every time I receive it, because now I saw this option on PayPal and don't get it. I thought that it will be automatically on my Visa.

Thank You in advance.

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Tina269

With PayPal, the payments go into your PayPal account and you would need to transfer the funds to your bank account by yourself or leave the funds in the PayPal account and spending them when you shop using PayPal.

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Tina269

With PayPal, the payments go into your PayPal account and you would need to transfer the funds to your bank account by yourself or leave the funds in the PayPal account and spending them when you shop using PayPal.

I get it, thank you so much!

@Marit-Anne0 

I was doing exactly all of this with my PayPal account, and it was wonderful!

However, a week or so ago, I transferred some of my Airbnb earnings to my bank, and left some in PayPal to shop with PayPal. When I went to shop on PayPal, I had $0 (ZERO DOLLARS) balance. I took in a sharp breath, and messaged PayPal a few times to see if they could help me find my money. Crickets... and more crickets...

The thing is, I work very hard for my clams. It's not a whole lot, so I guess easier for me to notice. (When I search PayPal for solutions to my problem, MANY more people lost money too. And a lot more of it.) PayPal did not help them so much... maybe 1 person out of 25 or so got their money back. It apparently is VERY easy for people to take your money in PayPal. One guy even put the code to do it "out there".

Anyway, what I get from all these threads, is having the money sent to my bank is the only other option I have. I am not sure of Airbnb cyber-security, though, so I've held back on that.

I've gotten a LOT more help from Airbnb on stuff, than PayPal, so... but I thought I would look in my Community first. It's not like, I spend money on myself so much. I have horses, my sickly dogs, and I spend a LOT on supplies to improve and maintain my Airbnb space, so accounting should not be problem.

Many thanks for your solution, though! It worked for me for a while.

Tina279
Level 1
Louisville, KY

How soon were you paid I have not been paid at all and I even referred someone for the 300 and don’t get it either

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway
Tess31
Level 2
Philippines

Hi. I’m new to this listing business. I got my first confirmed guest thru PayPal payment. I’m just wondering why it doesn’t appear on my PayPal account? Does it take days? How many? And my most concern is, it’s somehow short or underpayment. I don’t know how Airbnb deduct the percentage.

Hi @Tess31!

As far as I know, you'll get paid after the guests check in. For example, my guests check in was on Monday and on Tuesday I got an e-mail from PayPal that the money is on the account. So it depends on your guests check in day! You can also read it here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout

Airbnb takes the service fee, a small amount from your guests payment, about 3% I think. Here is the article: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1857/what-are-airbnb-service-fees

hey, I had the same issue.  my first payout email was on 6/6 and 3more since then but may paypal was showing zero all this time.  I called PayPal and they said I had to confirm my email address for some reason.  and since it's a new? acct he was able to do it for me and the money showed up right away.  

now.  I still didn't link any bank cards  credit cards and such.  hopefully that won't be a problem when I do end up trying to withdraw.  but at least it's showing on my acct!  yay

Claudia731
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

I am a guest from Brazil. I have tried to pay several different accommodations by paypal but this option does not appear as a possibility. My Brazilian credit cards are not accepted by airbnb (and I have checked and found nothing wrong with them). Is there any way to pay by paypal or any other way either than credit card?

Claudia

Lisa906
Level 1
Clyde, NC

I have a similar question: Where on the dashboard do I select the payment option we'd like for receiving payments. We're considering direct deposit. Lisa Eileen

Thank you - I found my answer!

Victor591
Level 2
San José Province, Costa Rica

Pay pal is holding my funds for 60 days?! Is this normal? 

Jacki20
Level 1
New York, United States

Quick host question  - does paypal charge a fee if we use it as our payout method?

Imogen23
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

I am interested in this topic.

there are new delays in the UK for receiving money so I was thinking about using the PayPal payment option.

Do you know if PayPal/ Airbnb take additionall fees for using this option? and how quick the payment arrives?