Payment

Answered!
Julie1763
Level 1
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Payment

Good Morning, I have a guest that wants to pay 30 % now and the rest in a month for a November booking . How can i do this and change this in the payment section ?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Julie1763 

The standard for Airbnb is that a guest pays in full on booking. You cannot change this.

They have brought in a system for long term bookings that a guest can pay 50% on booking and 50% about month before arrival.

You don't need to change anything, the guest should be automatically offered this option on booking.

Airbnb do not offer an option to only put a third down and then pay the rest close to arrival.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Julie1763 

The standard for Airbnb is that a guest pays in full on booking. You cannot change this.

They have brought in a system for long term bookings that a guest can pay 50% on booking and 50% about month before arrival.

You don't need to change anything, the guest should be automatically offered this option on booking.

Airbnb do not offer an option to only put a third down and then pay the rest close to arrival.

Julie1763
Level 1
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Many thanks for the reply, the Air B and B  support team are in contact with the client to resolve the matter , have a great weekend 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen3  It's not just long-term bookings. I have had a couple of guests who opted for the 50% up front and they were only booking a 3 or 4 day stay.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I meant booked a long time in advance typically I believe a month, not that they are staying at the property as a long term let. @Sarah977 

Hendra2
Level 1
Riau Islands, Indonesia

Hello I am new host, May I know what the Payment method that Air B n B to the host ? Is it Bank Transfer, or ??? And when will the payment will arrived to the host ? Thanks

@Hendra2  Different payout methods are available depending on what country you live in. You need to go to your Airbnb account, and click on your profile, then settings, then payout preferences. You should find the options you can use there. Guest payments for bookings are released to the host 24 hours after each guest checks in. But it can take a few more days after that until the money shows up in your bank account, paypal, or whatever payout method you have. New hosts like you have to wait up to 30 days for the the payout for their first guest-after that you should get paid out 24 hours after check-in.

Be aware of the difference in terms- Payment Method is for guests-how they pay for their bookings, usually a credit card. Payout Preference refers to the way in which hosts get paid.

That's an interesting topic

Online payment reveals that you already use at least one online service provided by commercial banks. To make an online transaction, you need a bank account and internet banking. You can add other electronic services to these products that will make your payments more pleasant and comfortable. Here are 10 benefits of making online payments and transfers. And those at https://covery.ai/products/device-fingerprinting/ are waiting for me not to be cheated during a transaction or even in the business program.