Payments from guests

Stacey243
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

Payments from guests

I am trying to figure out if I can allow guests to pay 1/2 down and complete payment 30 days prior to their stay.  I just had a nasty guest tell me everywhere else on Air BNB allows her to pay 1/2 down, but I do not see where I have any control over this.   It looks like according to your payment explanation that payment os expected in full.   Obviously, I do not get paid anything until the guest’s booking week, so It makes no difference if the guests pay 1/2 down or not.   This is the first time anyone has asked me this and I didn’t know how to help her.   She was really nasty to me about it and I was trying to quickly figure it out although I asked her to give me a sec bc I was driving and wanted to be parked.   She cancelled her request after I told her what I read on Air BNB’s policy for payment, but it made her angry.   If there is anythong I am doing wrong can anyone please let me know? Thanks!  

6 Replies 6
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

She is trying to play you. Hosts have nothing to do with how the client is charged. You cannot control that, airbnb does the collecting.

Just tell her that you are not the one that collects the money, that is airbnb's responsability. Host don't choose how clients pay.

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Stacey243 

I think long term guests over 30 days have a different payment schedule but even if that is the case in your situation, @Luana130 is right - - hosts do not manage payments and everything is doene by AirBnB. She doesn't sound like a guest you would want in your place anyway.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Stacey243  the only thing you did wrong is trying to please nasty angry guest 🙂 Be happy she withdrew her request.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Stacey243 yikes!!!! try to go back into the message thread to Report/Block her profile. That is not a guest you ever want to have to host!!

(block feature doesn't always work, but it's worth a try)

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Stacey243 You are not doing anything wrong. Airbnb handles all payments. If a guest has a question or issue about the way Airbnb operates they can take it up with them. You are lucky this guest withdrew her request. She is definitely not a person I would want to host. 

Stacey243
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

Thanks guys!