Paypal payouts

Tessa55
Level 1
Owermoigne, United Kingdom

Paypal payouts

If I choose paypal to receive payments as a host, do paypal take a cut of the funds?

9 Replies 9
Michelle847
Level 2
Tailem Bend, Australia

This is what I’m also trying to find out. Seems to take forever via bank transfer but won’t change to PayPal if they take a cut. Hopefully someone can help. 

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Tessa55@Michelle847

I use Paypal to receive AirBnB payments and Paypal have not made any charges for the transactions.

Have also found paypal to be much faster than Bank transfer.

Tessa55
Level 1

That's good to know Chris thanks.

Chris232
Level 10

@Tessa55

A Big thumbs up for Solar PV and Solar Thermal. I also have a 4kw PV and a 350 ltr tank for the thermal.

At this time of year its a real bonus to have free electricity and hot water ...   🙂

Thanks Chris. That’s exactly what I was trying to find out. 

Tessa55
Level 1

I agree Chris.  I have a Barilla flat plate thermal & love watching the tank temperatures rise so that I don't have to use oil, also the excess solar pv topping up the tank too via the Immersun.  Not sure on the litreage - I'll check.  Could have done with a bigger cylinder but general concensus was that the weight on the 1st floor joists could have been a bit hefty!

Tessa55
Level 1

Also Chris, when I changed my method of payment today it said a charge is made when withdrawing from paypal I think.  Is it the case that you leave your funds in paypal & pay out from there, or do you withdraw funds to your bank account?  I'd be interested to know.

Chris232
Level 10

@Tessa55

As soon as Airbnb pay into my paypal account i transfer it straight into my bank account and never had to pay any fees.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

PayPal is free of fees as long as it is a personal PayPal account, not a Business PayPal account then there are fees. Also you can transfer your PayPal funds to your bank account. I believe there is a .25 cent USD fee for the transaction.