Please help asap!

Gordon54
Level 1
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Please help asap!

i AM VERY NEW TO ALL THIS AND AM DOING MY BEST. HOWEVER MAJOR PROBLEM, FOR SOME REASON MY AIRBNB ACCOUNT HAS NOT SYNCED ANOTHER ACCOUNT!!! AND I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO SAY.

I HAVE A COUPLE BOOKED IN FOR SATURDAY. 9TH

BUT HOMEAWAY HAVE BOOKED, TAKEN THE GUYS MONEY, FOR THURSDAY THE 7TH FOR 7 DASYS!!!!

FEEL AWFUL, BUT AS BUSINESS I S BUSINESS I HAVE TO CANCEL THE ONE NIGHT COUPLE, AND LET IT TO THE 7 DAY COUPLE

IS THIS ACCEPTABLE??

REMEMBER NOT MY FAULT AIRBNB HAVE NOT SYNCED HOMEAWAY AND IT IS SET UP!!!

5 Replies 5
Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@Gordon54

Hi Gordon. Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm afraid this is going to be your fault in the eyes of Airbnb. Syncing calendars if down to you, and I presume would only fail if your didn't get the code right. I know it took me several attempts to get Airbnb, OD and others to join up.

You could try to make things right by finding another host who will take the one-night guests, I've heard others doing that on this forum. That way you wouldn't necessarily need to cancel.

If you are going to cancel, I'm not entirely sure I agree with business is business. I think I'd feel I should honour the first booking, even though it's less profitable.

Hope you manage to resolve this.

Ben

PS Best not to use all caps - usually reserved for shouting!

Gordon54
Level 1
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Thanks Ben,

Notice no caps!!! LOL. Think I have put it right. Got them into a local travel Lodge, and offered them a FREE night (Shouting).

THey seem happy.

Will just have to Sync everything daily, asumed, wrongly it would do it automatically, the address is right double checked it

Thanks for advice mate

Gordon 

Ben205
Level 10

@Gordon54

A free night is definitely worth shouting about!
As for the syncing, my recollection is I had to sync from Owners Direct to Airbnb, it didn't work the other way round. Might be worth trying swapping whichever way you have it set up to see if that helps.

Worth getting it to work, it will drive you mad having to block one or other each time you get a booking.

One last thing, somebody showed me this week that if you put an @ symbol in your message, you get a list of the people involved which you can choose from. If you then select the person (like I've put @Gordon54 above), they will be notified there's a reply even if they haven't ticked the 'email me'!

Cheers.

Ben

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Gordon54@Ben205

Syncing can be useful, I do it to back up to Google Calendar.

But it does not work in real time, seems once a day so not useful for avoiding double bookings.

David
Ben205
Level 10

@Gordon54

Are you saying that all syncing is once daily, or just between Airbnb and Google? I don't have the sort of place that people are fighting over, so have not noticed a problem before in terms of syncing between Airbnb/ HomeAway/ HolidayLettings, but I did think it was almost instant. Must test it.