Poor accommodation

Sam272
Level 1
Moonee Ponds, Australia

Poor accommodation

Hello fellow AirBnB hosts, my name is Sam and I am a superhost of a property in Melbourne Australia. I am currently staying in an apartment in Barcelona, Spain which my wife booked. We checked in around 5 hours ago and are about to spend our first (extremely hot) night here. The apartment is like living in a sauna, it claims it has air conditioning which technically it does but clearly it is no where near adequate. The owners have also placed fans throughout the apartment but only the one non adequate air conditioning unit.

My question is am I able to cancel this booking after this one (extremely hot) nights stay and be refunded the other 2 nights given this is not up to or anywhere near I/we are supposed to be here until Friday morning, by then I’d guess I’d of shed 20 kilograms. I’m currently searching for other places close by and am confident I can secure another. I don’t want to do so if I end up out of pocket twice.

I sincerely look forward to your replies PLEASE

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sam272 

You must address this issue to the host first. If no solution contact Airbnb and ask for cancellation (with full or partial refund) and/or relocation.

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Sam272
Level 1
Moonee Ponds, Australia

Thanks so much, finally after a 16 hour period back and forth between the host and AirBnB a resolution was sourced. We were fully reimbursed for the bulk of our booking (am still wanting for tourist taxes and a cab fair reimbursed) for this inconvenience. Sadly, in order to obtain a full refund, I had to abide by the hosts request than a review not be left online. This is quite upsetting as I am wanting to inform all other potential guests of the serious concern and am of the opinion that he may not do anything about the issue even though he claims he most certainly will.

I am now sitting in another much better apartment close by to the other and surprisingly very, very comfortable.

Once again thank you for your opinion, much appreciated and it was exactly what AirBnB asked that I address first off.

Kind regards, Sam

Sam272
Level 1
Moonee Ponds, Australia

Thanks so much for viewing, finally after a 16 hour period back and forth between the host and AirBnB a resolution was sourced. We were fully reimbursed for the bulk of our booking (am still wanting for tourist taxes and a cab fair reimbursed) for this inconvenience. Sadly, in order to obtain a full refund, I had to abide by the hosts request than a review not be left online. This is quite upsetting as I am wanting to inform all other potential guests of the serious concern and am of the opinion that he may not do anything about the issue even though he claims he most certainly will.

I am now sitting in another much better apartment close by to the other and surprisingly very, very comfortable.

Kind regards, Sam