Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Poor customer sevice

Marc303
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Poor customer sevice

A guest took my laptop bag and I think he blocked me on this site, why's it impossible to find a phone number to talk to a real person to resolve this. I'm reporting my guest to the police.

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Marc303 All the ways of contacting Airbnb are outlined in the CONTACT AIRBNB post in the forum you are actually posting  in, I think about the third one down.

Have a look at the Airbnb host guarantee it will tell you how to make a claim.

If you are a 100% sure only the guest could have taken the case, then of course you can report the theft.

Airbnb expect you to contact the guest first before they will investigate. Just say you think they must have 'accidently' packed it and ask for it to be sent pack and give them a timeframe for it's return. Don't call your guest keep everything on Airbnb messaging so there is a record.

Thanks Helen, the guest moved out Friday and I tried to call them on Monday and they've changed their phone number. I"ve also tried contacting them through the Airbnb website but seems they've blocked me, it says the guest can't receive messages at this time. The guest is local, I'm not interested in making a claim, I just want my laptop bag and charger and eye glasses back.  There's something not right with that person.

Regards,