Poor experience with case managers

Chanelle2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Poor experience with case managers

I have been repeatedly ignored by Nicanor - the case manager. Afwul customer service - who else has experienced this poor service? I am disputing airbnb's cancellation policy at it is misleading and I am being charged for accomodation that I can no longer stay in. They will not reply to any of my emails. How do I escalate this? I am in fact entitled to: (quoted from their policy) -  '"full refund of the nightly rate, cancellation must be made at least 14 full days prior to listing’s local check-in time (or 3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of check-in." but the case manager is advising that I am only entitled to 50% which is not what the policy states. I have 6 weeks until the check in date so therefore I should receive the full nightly rate.

Please can someone help me with this, how can the customer service team just ignore a customer like this?! its outrageous.

25 Replies 25

@Chanelle2 so are you (were you) within 48 hours of booking?

@Mike-And-Helen0 I don't think @Chanelle2 was but @Becca56 was but she booked the place within 14 days of check-in and then it is not possible to cancel penalty free with the 48 hour policy thing.

Airbnb need to change the wording in their policy otherwise they are misleading their customers. The exact reason I got my money back 

@Chanelle2 If you were to get all your money back just by cancelling before the "14 days of check-in time" then there would be absolutely no reason to even mention the 48 hour policy in the policy. It would then say that the guest would get everything back when cancelling before the 14 day check-in time. The result is that the host is now out of money. Airbnb didn't pay. You were entitled to 50% minus the airbnb fee. For how long did you block the dates before cancelling? 

It says the guest will get a full refund of the nightly rate if cancelled 14 days prior to check in.... it’s what it says.. I don’t understand what you are disputing. Take it up with Airbnb.. 

its 50% if cancelled 7 days prior to check in. 

the grace period is for a FULL refund including service fee is cancelled within 48 hours.

The fact  I escalated this to a different department and they honoured my refund straight away is testament to the fact the information customers are given surrounding cancellation is misleading and for that exact reason Airbnb also refunded my service fee.  

@Chanelle2 how do you get the money back ?

Chanelle2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I have finally had it resolved and they have refunded my money. It seems the information regarding the strict policy is not consistent across the site 

@Chanelle2 What probably happen was that airbnb asked the host to pay you the money. When you book you got 48 hours to cancel penalty free but only if there is more than 14 days til check-in. If you cancel after that time (after the 48 hours) you will get 50% back. So no doubt that the host gave you the money - and is now out of money - without being entitled to it. Hopefully that host will be able to rebook. 

That’s not what the cancellation policy actually says... I was entitled to the full nightly rate minus the service fee. Exactly what it states in the cancellation policy which is why it’s been honoured. The host is not out of money, it was not their money in the first place. 

I agree with you but I as well didn't get the money back im seriously doomed at it and how I would be able to claim back is my biggest question mark now ....

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Chanelle2 

Interesting... Check that you get your booking fee back from Airbnb too. If you're entitled the refund of the hosts nightly rate you should be due back any service fees too.