Pre-approval/Decline dispositions

Meghan34
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Pre-approval/Decline dispositions

Hello!  newbie here looking for a little direction.

I have a min. stay of 2 nights, but a guest asked if they could stay just 1.  Since my default was at 2 nights, it is asking me to approve/decline those dates, rather than the 1 date the guest requested. 

I updated my settings to allow booking for those dates to a 1 night minimum, but can't seem to figure out how to updated the request.

Should I approve the request even though it has a 2 night min, or decline it?  What is the guests next step based on my actions?  Thanks for your help!

2 Replies 2
Lori83
Level 5
Omaha, NE

As a relatively new host I understand the desire to have some bookings & reviews under your profile.  That said, you will need to weigh your desire for booking with the work involved in cleaning your unit.  Also consider that if the single day booking is on a weekend night you may be eliminating another booking for the weekend which could be more lucrative.  Just some things to consider.  That said, be sure to check the guests reviews before accepting the booking.   Good luck in your Airbnb venture!

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Meghan34 If you decline it, it's counted against you. The best would be for the guest to withdraw the request and create it once again for a single night. If you accept this standing one, it will be for 2 nights, which the guest possibly doesn't want.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"