Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Pricing- guests being overcharged but my listing price is accurate.

Deborah99
Level 1
Cork, Ireland

Pricing- guests being overcharged but my listing price is accurate.

My guest tells me she is being asked for €93 to stay two nights when she looks at my listing, but my correct fee is €41 per night  when I look at my listing, so she should only be charged €82. I read in the Q&A's section about a conversion fee of 3% if she is to book in another currency but this still doesn't explain the jump. Where is the extra money going to? I do not have a cleaning fee. Is there hidden Airb&b charges? 

It is very confusing as I was hoping to offer a discount for a 2 night stay and that seems complicated as well.

Thank you

Deborah

6 Replies 6

i am having the same problem.

my guest is being asked to pay at £383.00 but the total cost is £334.

could there be a system error?

Eilidh0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

I am also having this problem, look;

On my page it says this;

Subtotal£120

Service Fee-£2

*** Total£118 ***

If I convert this to Euros it's 140.

My guest is being asked to pay;

Subtotal Euro 147

Service Fee- Euro 23

*** Total Euro 170 ***

If I convert this to £ it's around 142.45

Eilidh0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Quite a large difference! My service fee says £2 though which seems too little. I changed the price though as I tried to give a £3 discount per night (3 nights booked) But it then didn't add on the £10 per extra person, or the £5 cleaning fee.  But my guest won't accept the change. It's too little to accept with this huge discount though. I have searched and searched on airbnb to find someone to call but I can't find a number. Anyone know how to resolve ? Or how to speak to Airbnb? First blip I've had! But it's very frustrating that I can't find help. I'm meant to be getting ready for my next guests but trying to sort out this booking ASAP!

Ingrid13
Level 2
Bellevue, WA

Airbnb charges a percentage taxes and service fees on top of your price, to the guests. It should be listed for them. Hosts also have a tax and service fee deducted from their total. Other ways the price can jump is if you have a once only cleaning fee, or if you charge for extra guests. I hope this helps!

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

airbnb charges a fee to the guest that is added on top of your base daily rate. That's how they make their money.

Eilidh0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Ah so the service fee for me is different from my guests? We both get charged a service fee?