Problem with Airbnb Host Guarantee: host BEWARE!!

Problem with Airbnb Host Guarantee: host BEWARE!!

Had an ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE experience! I was hosted by a guy named THOMAS and I stayed at the listing called "pent house in heart of the city" in KORAMANGALA, BANGALORE. the comments by previous guests were good and I was feeling positive at first and booked the apartment. It wasnt even a typical apartment as the name descibes. It is merely a single small room built on the terrace with a public restroom right next to ur door for office workers on the floor below!!! Unfortunately, 18 nights after my stay , i had to cancel the rest of my stay (remaining 22 nights) and leave home due to a personal emergency. I contacted the host and he said he will only refund 5,000 INR out of the 45,000 INR that i paid for the entire stay. It was TOTALLY unfair. He dragged the REFUND payment upto 2 months and NEVER paid me back. He blocked my contact and i'm unable to call him too! I'm also unable to write a review since it has been more than 2 months. here's what was wrong with the accommodation and the host: 1) On the day of my check in, the place was FILTHY and the clothes and belongings of a previous guest was littered in the apartment. 2) The place as Absolutely dirty and looked like no one had cleaned the place for MONTHS! i had to spend 2 whole days cleaning the fridge ( which had rotten food and bottles and stinking) and the wash machine and the kitchen! 3) The host visited the apartment at INCONVENIENT hours multiple times , unannounced, called me out and was giving me more trouble!!!! 4) HALF the amenties provided on the agreement was NEVER provided for me and he demanded more money when i asked for the missing amenities!!!!!! 5) He never answered his call DURING my stay, when i needed his help or had to call him regarding any household issues for example, the wash machine drain pipe broke(just 1 week after my stay began!) and the filthy water flooded the kitchen floor and when i was eventually able to contact the host, he said it was an "accident and can't do anything about it!". 6) Perhaps he wanted to take advantage of the fact that this was my first time staying alone and i'm just 22 and had no experience with booking though Airbnb. 7) He is a TOTAL AND COMPLETE FRAUD AND CHEAT! HE DOESN'T ABIDE BY HIS WORDS OR HIS OFFICIAL AGREEMENT! 😎 the accommodation was listed for 4 people. But it is just one very tiny room and 2 beds and a miniature kitchen with absolutely no amenities to provide for 4. I was barely able to make sooo many adjustments and stay for 18 nights!!!!! THE WHOLE TRIP WAS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE FOR ME! PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS OF UR FUTURE BOOKING WITH THIS GUY! HE CAN SEEM FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL AT FIRST, BUT HE WILL TRY HIS BEST TO CHEAT U OF EVERY PENNY. TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE HOST AND THE ACCOMMODATION. I will give the link to his listings below. pls pls b cautious of the host and his seemingly nice listings!!!! 😞

https://www.airbnb.co.in/users/show/132640197

Hope u guys choose better and have good trips and memories!

0 Replies 0