Problems with website, messaging and bookings!

Carlos347
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

Problems with website, messaging and bookings!

Hi!

Last Friday I received a message saying that my account was compromised due to an unauthorised access with my password and in order to restore it I needed to upload my ID. 

I did that.

However my account is blocked meaning no guests can contact me nor I can send messages thorough the website not I can get new bookings!

I've talked with customer service 4 times and they only say that there's a technical issue and that they're looking into it... no estimated resolution, no clear cause of the problem.

Anybody else wiht this problem?

Anybody that can help?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Hi @Carlos347, your whole account is inaccessible, not only your listing. 

If you have open bookings, ask customer support to help with those. 

You might create an account in your partner's kid's mother's name, protect thT with double identification and put your listing on the new account whilst they sort it out. 

Or ask CS if you can create a new one for yourself, new email address and if they can switch the bookings there. 

It was probably hacked due to low security password and maybe an hacked email. Get a new email account, and get new and complex passwords for ALL your accounts, not only airbnb. 

If you have a serious business, avoid free emails without security like hotmail or yahoo.