Question about Superhost status

Bouakham-and-Henri0
Level 2
Louangphrabang (Luang Prabang), Laos

Question about Superhost status

One of my guest asked me to cancel his reservation. I did it and now I loose my superhost status.

Please help as I could not know.

Thank you.

7 Replies 7
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

When you cancel as a host, there are penalties. Financial sometimes (a fine), ranking loss, no superhost status for 12 months. I have done it myself once by accident and it has the same effect. When a guest cancels, they lose money according to your cancellation policy. When you cancel, they are sometimes offered travel credits too in order to make up for it as Air's reputation is at stake. All this means: Do not cancel. You probably need to read the Terms and Conditions, and general Air policies.

Sorry to hear this, but it happens regularly.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You should never cancel a reservation for a guest due to the consequences, they are mentioned.

David
Jennifer19
Level 4
Windham, CT

Henri, i would contact airbnb and ask them to reconsider as it was you were responding to the guest.
Leslie46
Level 1
Houston, TX

So, this is off subject, but can any of you answer what the "level" means under your names? Some are level 1, level 10 and so on?

I would like to say it is something other than the number of posts, but I would be lying.

David

@Leslie46, @David126, I think it is relation to the number of thumbs-ups. Could be wrong.

It's is pretty much as you say - Level 10s have more time on our hands and answer a lot on questions on this site. Most of the time L10s have more experience, but not necessarily so...