Question about shared space in airbnb

Question about shared space in airbnb

Hi,

I would like some advice. I'm renting out an appartment, this is a two floor appartment one floor is 3 bedrooms and livingroom, kitchen bathroom, this space I rent out with a private entrance. The second floor is private for me, however there is a big deck where you can sit outside wich I also offer to my guest. I would like to write something in my listening about this shared space (the deck) and arrange something that guest could use it for a certain amount of hours a day, so I will also have the space for myself part of the day.

Does anyone have experience in something like this? Up till now guests could come and go whenever they want but I would like to change that if possible. If someone has already an arrangment like this how did you write it in your post? Would love to get an example on how I could write this that they do feel confrotable to use the space, but that they know in advance that is not possible 24/7.

Thanks in advance, looking forward for your reactions.

3 Replies 3
Ton11
Level 4
Barcelona, Spain

Hello Miriam,

This is an interesting question which should not be too dificult to tackle.

If the deck is not private for the guest who rent your 1st floor, do not add this to your amenities list. You may specify in your decription, or your house rules, that there is a deck available which guests have access to for the specific hours that you want to stepilate.

If you do not want to describe it in your listing, you may want to have this information inside the listing, which is always a good thing to do anyway.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Ton, I just wonder how I can write it so it will on hand hand look welcoming since the deck is an extra space they can enjoy a lot of the time, but on the other hand want to make clear that there are some hours (not so many) that it is not for their use, but in a nice and polite way.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Miriam164 

you will offer them a finger but some of them will grab the entire hand. Don't offer the deck if they can't use it whenever they want because it will cause frustration for both of you.

You can find numerous similar posts about shared kitchen use were at the end hosts banned kitchen use all together for the same reason.