RATES & MINIMUM STAY

Lisa1628
Level 2
Andalusia, Spain

RATES & MINIMUM STAY

I set my property weekly rates for 700euros so basically 100euros per day.

I then set my minimum stay for 5 days

If a potental client makes an inquiry for a week (7days) they'll be quoted 700euros so no problem

BUT the problem is

IF the potential client makes an inquiry for 6 days then he is not quoted 600euros but far less (approx 300euros)

Why is this happening?

I would like to set my minimum stay for 5 days BUT at the moment I cannot as then the client is offered the property for around 250euros!!

Is it something to do with the base rate (which I dont understand)

11 Replies 11
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Lisa1628 🙂

Go to your calender from a computer not your mobile phone. Look at your "price settings" and you will be able to see if any boxes with a discount is ticked.  Notice : Airbnb usually gives a discount for the first 3 bookings in order to attract guests as it is easier to attract guests if you have reviews. Usually when hosts start out they lower their prices in order to get bookings. You can choose to untick the box so you don't give a discount for the first 3 guests if that is what the problem is. It could also be another kind of discount. You can see it all under the price settings. 

Best, Sandra

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Lisa1628 Do you use smart pricing? I don't and won't recommend it. I choose the prices I want directly in the calender. 

I dont want SMART pricing but i may have it unknowingy

How do i turn it OFF?

Think it maybe something to do with th e below info BUT i have read it a few times and im afraid im too thick to understand it
I have a base price of 60e per night
There is meant to be a circle next to your Nightly price which you click to turn ON/OFF Smart Pricing but Its not on my screen

Weekly and monthly discounts help ensure that your listing appears in search results when people search for 7 nights or longer. Weekly discounts are for stays of 7 nights or longer. Monthly discounts are for stays of 28 nights or longer.
Final prices depend on your nightly prices, weekly/monthly discounts and whether you’ve used custom weekly/monthly prices. The weekly/monthly prices are an average of the nightly prices (either from your base price, custom nightly price or Smart Pricing) for the next 90 days.
Note: Custom weekly/monthly prices will always override your length-of-stay discounts.
Got it

Does anyone have a CONTACT NUMBER to speak to a human at AIRBNB who could tell me what im doing wrong

I have been trying this all day and am now losing the will to live!!

Cant find any contact number for Airbnb which is also frustrating

I have customed my prices with different prices each week throughout the year with July / August being the most expensive down to the Winter months being relatively cheap

But as it stands I can only offer 7 day minimum stay as if i set it any lower then my final price goes down drastically which is not feasible

@Lisa1628 Smart prices has nothing to do with offering a weekly or monthly discount. You should also consider if you would like longterm guests? If you don't set a maximum on days. 

I don't offer any discounts, smart pricing etc. I just adjust my calender and set the prices I want. 

It is not possible for me to check out what is wrong with your prices as I'm only able to choose a minimum of 7 days. 

I don't have smart pricing it look like this and you can turn it off under price settings. Base price just means that if you don't actively choose to change your prices for specific days in your calender it will be the base price you have choosen. 

Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 21.34.32.png

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Lisa1628 And welcome to this hosting community btw ! 🙂

I have learned a lot in here as there is so much more to hosting as an airbnb host then one might think. 

I diffenitely recommend to use this community as a place to learn how everything works. Also under "help" you will find a lot of basic knowlegde on how to set up your listing etc. You can always snooze your listing under "listing" then choose "listing details" scroll all the way down and snooze you listing until you feel everything is set up as you wish it to be. Hope you could use some of my advice and also that you solved your discount problems.

Best, Sandra

Lisa1628
Level 2
Andalusia, Spain

thank you for your help

I dont have the SMART PRICING  On/Off option that you do

I will continue to look

@Lisa1628 It sounds strange that you don't have the same opportunity to edit/turn on-off the smart pricing as me. If you still have problems you can call airbnb. This is the UK number : 

United Kingdom              

+44 203 318 1111     

Best, Sandra