REFUND

Ervin-James0
Level 1
Manila, PH

REFUND

I used Google Pay (I entered my debit card details) to pay for a reservation. But a few hours after, the host cancelled my reservation. Airbnb texted me but the message was incomplete. They sent me an email regarding the refund. At first I did not know where will they send my refund. I registered my bank account details as a payout method hoping they'd send me the refund there. But still, no refund was sent thru my bank account. Is it Airbnb's fault or the bank? Thank you. Hoping for a response. 

5 Replies 5
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @Ervin-James0 

As I understand it , the refund will be processed back to the method you used to pay - ie your debit card.

It may take a few days to show up in your account.

If you are at all concerned, I'd ring customer service, but generally speaking when it comes to guest refunds I believe the process is pretty smooth.

Regards

Hi @Rowena29. Thank you for the response. How long does it usually take before the refund will be sent into my account? I considered the holiday season and office breaks. Also, the Airbnb FAQ site said that my refund status can be seen in the Transaction History but upon checking, it has no upcoming payouts or any signs wherein I can see the refund status.

Cheers, 

Ervin

@Ervin-James0 

I've never recieved a refund so I'm' not the best person to help.

However if there is a variance between what you were told would happen and what you can see in your history, and you've allowed sufficient time. I'd be ringing cusomter service to follow up.

Regards

Also @Ervin-James0 Did you check the "pending" area of your payments?

@Rowena29 Yeah I already did. Says that I have no upcoming payouts. I already called the customer care hotline of the bank and they said that I can file a dispute if sufficient time is given and my refund has not come yet.