Ratings

Answered!
Linda846
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Ratings

Hello, 

I have an alert on my account to say my ratings are below average but it haven’t hosted yet. Hardly seems fair😕

Anyone know why this is and how I can adjust that rating? 

Thanks in advance.

Linda. 

1 Best Answer
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Linda846. It's normal for a new listing. Don't worry, just wait until guests start coming. Soon the season will start over there.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Linda846. It's normal for a new listing. Don't worry, just wait until guests start coming. Soon the season will start over there.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda846
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Thank you for explaining that to me Marzena. I always worry when I see such alerts  😊

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Linda846  You are just starting on this platform so you need to know that most of the communication is automatic based on various criteria or algorithms so take the messages with a grain of salt.  Good luck!

Linda846
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Thank you Linda 😊 I will in future.

Andres261
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

I have 2 rooms with guests from all over the world . All guests are happy on ocasion one is unhappy . The bookings are great because my price is low. how can i chanche anything to get better ratings from airbnb guests

Asters-Efficiency-Unit0
Level 2
St. John's, Canada

Does anyone understand the rating system.  A while ago I had a 4.7 rating.  I got one four star review and it went down to 4.6 . But since then I have had nine full five star ratings, my rating went back to 4.7 but no further. All those five star reviews and no movement. Its frustrating.

The same thing happend to me I was 4.7 then I got a 3 star review through no fault of my own,A guest booked my twin room for 2 guests and arrived with a 20 mounth old baby,When I did not have a baby bed or high chair she gave me  a 3 stars review

Since then I have had nine  5 star reviews but my rating is still 4.6 ,Can someone please tell me how the rating system works please 

@Asters-Efficiency-Unit0 wrote:

Does anyone understand the rating system.  A while ago I had a 4.7 rating.  I got one four star review and it went down to 4.6 . But since then I have had nine full five star ratings, my rating went back to 4.7 but no further. All those five star reviews and no movement. Its frustrating.

I am very disappointed that one bad rating lasts to ruin a score. I have 16 - 5 stars , I just made super host and had one four. Because of the silliest of reasons.I really think airbnb should let bad reviews fall off when you have so many good.My score is 4.9 ? This is so unfair. I have reached out to airbnb but have not had a response to this.We work to hard to make are guests happy some people will never be happy. I wish we would be acknowledged for our overall achievements and not damaged by unhappy people in general. I think that they should consider if you have a low rating but have consecutive good reviews the lowest rating should fall off.

P.

The same thing happend to me I was 4.7 then I got a 3 star review through no fault of my own,A guest booked my twin room for 2 guests and arrived with a 20 mounth old baby,When I did not have a baby bed or high chair she gave me  a 3 stars review

Since then I have had nine  5 star reviews but my rating is still 4.6 ,Can someone please tell me how the rating system works please 

I am very disappointed that one bad rating lasts to ruin a score. I have 16 - 5 stars , I just made super host and had one four. Because of the silliest of reasons.I really think airbnb should let bad reviews fall off when you have so many good.My score is 4.9 ? This is so unfair. I have reached out to airbnb but have not had a response to this.We work to hard to make are guests happy some people will never be happy. I wish we would be acknowledged for our overall achievements and not damaged by unhappy people in general. I think that they should consider if you have a low rating but have consecutive good reviews the lowest rating should fall off.

Linda846
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

I agree. I have had consistently good ratings and reviews and had 5 stars until a couple who stayed with me for two days, never complained, said they’d loved their stay, bought me flowers, then gave me a 3 for every single category, reducing my rating. Maybe they didn’t understand the process, as no way was it appropriate to grade me in that way. I contacted them to ask for specifics as for example, giving me a 3 for cleanliness when others gave 5 and some stated sparkling clean was obviously concerning, but no response. 
I’m considering not hosting again.
My understanding was that people stay in people’s property at a vastly reduced rate of hotels which have on site cleaning and concierge services. They are paying the cost of camping but some are expecting boutique style accommodation. It’s not fair to that I’m paranoid about the presentation of my home. It’s too stressful for the amount of remuneration.

@Linda846  Why be paranoid about the presentation of your home or quit hosting just because some guest who doesn't understand the rating system left 3*s? Any business that deals with the public occasionally experiences annoying behavior from customers. You think 5* hotels and restaurants don't get whiners and complainers and low raters sometimes? 

So what? They certainly don't close their business because of it. They don't take it personally. The Airbnb rating system and the pressure put on hosts to maintain a 5* rating is ridiculous. If you enjoy hosting and get bookings and mostly good guests, try not to get caught up in thinking the ratings and Superhost are of great importance- they really aren't. That's just an Airbnb construct.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Patti218 @Linda846  Uugghhh!  It's super frustrating to get a rating that feels unfair, but since you are both still over 4.9, I wouldn't worry.  You'll still get bookings no matter what.  Perhaps a couple of Bette Davis quotes that could help?

"Old age ain't no place for sissies" (just put "Airbnb hosting" in place of "old age") and my favorite -

"If everybody likes you, you're pretty dull."

Edward669
Level 2
Collingswood, NJ

Two questions - How do I look up a host' rating?

How do I look up the ratings of me as a guest?  I've stayed at about 5 places.