Re I air B and B pricing

Sharon756
Level 2
Christchurch, NZ

Re I air B and B pricing

I received an email advertising air B and B to see my property price being slashed by air B and B to a price I cannot afford to keep my place open for. I am really disappointed with air B and B for doing this what do others do and has it happened to them 

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sharon756 you are the only person that controls your pricing. Airbnb never ever changes the prices on their own. Check all of your dates to see if you have maybe a single day with a lower price. Airbnb will show the lowest price you have advertised but that doesn't mean that every day you have available will be that price. And if you have booked guests with prices that you believe were set up by Airbnb you can always contact them and cancel those reservations and set up the prices you are comfortable with. 

In this case air B and B did set this price advertising in an email that arrived But they are sorting it now so have been very helpful 

they cannot understand why 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Sharon756 from the North Island of New Zealand.

We all get those emails to reduce our pricing, best to ignore them as they are the same price across all of the world.

I recently had one suggesting I lower my price to $21 per night and I live in Remuera in Auckland which as you know is one of the most expensive areas to live in Auckland.

One can't even stay in a camping ground for that in many places in New Zealand, and definitely can't stay  in Remuera Campground out in the rain and cold for that price!

Have a search here in CC using keywords in the searchbox for related topics to learn and seek advice.

There's topics covering basic and important costs to cover including your own time.

It's always a good idea to look up comparable properties in your location to see what they are charging guests.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland. NZ

Sharon756
Level 2
Christchurch, NZ

Helen it wasn’t for me to reduce it was advertising 4 properties and mine was one at at rediculous price but I have rung them with better help from them and they are looking into it. Hopefully no one tries to book at the lower price.