References - only available to Facebook connections

Answered!
Gary179
Level 2
Washington, DC

References - only available to Facebook connections

Knock.. Knock...  AirBnB are you there? Hello?

I have spent a little time here in the community looking into getting and giving references. At one time in the past you could request a reference using an email address. Without any notice that I can find, AirBnB removed that option. Since then many people have started topics and asked - "How can I request a reference beyond my Facebook connections?"

This is a totally legitimate question which an AirBnB official has not responded to on any of the discussions I've found here in the community. Many people have a few different Facebook profiles and used one of them to sign up but have a good friend connection on another profile. How can a user access that person??? dunno.

Many more people for one reason or another are leaving or refusing to be part of the Facebook community. Why doesn't AirBnb open the connections port to other internal messaging platforms - SnapChat, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.

In any case, stay tuned to this post an see if someone who is from AirBnB leaves a reply........ #fingerscrossed #brokeawishbone

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Gary179  While there is merit to your issue, this is a host forum that is monitored by Air BNB for compliance to the Content Policy but ideas are not forwarded to the Air BNB team.  There is a section of the Community Center call Host Voice in which ideas such as yours and hosts can support the post.  After sufficient support, the idea is forwarded to the Air BNB team.  Suggest you post there. Good Luck.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Gary179  While there is merit to your issue, this is a host forum that is monitored by Air BNB for compliance to the Content Policy but ideas are not forwarded to the Air BNB team.  There is a section of the Community Center call Host Voice in which ideas such as yours and hosts can support the post.  After sufficient support, the idea is forwarded to the Air BNB team.  Suggest you post there. Good Luck.

Hi Linda

I've been trying more than half an hour to find how I could give my support to this issue via Host Voice, unfortunatelly without success. I've searched in Host Voice and the links keep directing me back to the community pages. Could you please help me on this?

Apparently @Gary179 did not post in Host Voice.  Why don't you start a discussion thread in Host Voice yourself?

Jay181
Level 3
Minneapolis, MN

Today, 9/10/2018, I got this response from Airbnb on References

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/173/what-are-references-on-airbnb

A user 10:25 AM
Hello

My name is Sayaka, an Airbnb expert and a Superhost.
Hope this message finds you well and I will try my best to help with any concerns you may have.

I'm sorry but that feature has been removed and the help article is currently being updated to reflect that change.