Refund for booking not delivered

Rsm0
Level 1
Singapore

Refund for booking not delivered

Why am I not getting the full refund of S$187.87. Intsead I received only S$153.00

The unit was not delivered as contracted when I turned up because the Condo management does not approve Airbnb letting.

I expect that Airbnb would have verified this. In fact there was  banner at the lobby. The Manger  (Mr. Nathanan S) pointed out to me that said the daily or weekly staying by travelers is not allowed and illegal.

Your Airbnb host apparently expects me to play cat and mouse with management whose office is right at the front of the lift lobby.

Airbnb has defaulted  but  I m willing to give  you the benefit of doubt (ex gratis) there was no deliberate misrepresentation on your part maybe you were misled as well and  I will settle for full refund. But I am getting that.

(In fact  I should been compensated   for the abusive mannerism  of Condo Manager and the embarrassment I suffered, not to mention I had find immediate hotel accommodation at walk in rates for the  5days)

How do I get my full refund. There seems no one in Airbnb to answer to this. This has been totally disgusting experience. to add to injury to insult Airbnb keep sending me reminder to review how wonderful was my stay  at Beautiful One Bedroom Apartment Near MRT.Sutthisan , Bangkok

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Rsm0 did you cancel the reservation, the host, or you had Airbnb cancel for you? 

I did not cancel. There was no link to contact anyone in Airbnb. This was my first time trying Airbnb. I was refused entry by the management rather rudely to put it mildly. Contacted the host who  he said he will refund. Also told me I should not have been seen by the management. So he knew it was illegal to let. if I known I would not have booked

It was not case of cancellation but default   by Airbnb 

I got notice from Airbnb of refund but short of S$34.87. There seem no way to get in contact with anyone in Airbnb.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Rsm0 the host has refunded you the amount he received, what is missing is the Airbnb service fee I guess which you would have gotten if you contacted them and had them handle the cancelation and the refund and they would also help you find a new place. You could contact them know and try and see if they will refund you their service fee. There are instructions on how to contact them on the link below https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/td-p/413245