Refund from Airbnb vs. host

Valentina32
Level 9
London, United Kingdom

Refund from Airbnb vs. host

Hi,

I recently booked a trip for 3 people and after I paid the host told me that the 3rd bed was actually a small "sofa-bed" and would only be ok for a small child. As my 3rd person is a grown man I had to cancel the reservation and the host was kid enough to refund the full amount, however Airbnb kept both the Airbnb fees and a coupon I had used, amounting to quite a lot of money. I am trying to message them to ask about this but the only way I can access this is through the resolution center which basically sends me to the host and not to Airbnb, while I need the refund from Airbnb and not the host.

Could anyone advise on this?

Thanks all!

Valentina

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

If you print your reservation, there should be an airbnb contact number.

airbnb always retain the fees when you cancel as a guest.  In your case you should have made contact with your issue and airbnb would have assisted in finding other, suitable accomodation.

If the description of the listing is unclear or misleading, things should work in your favour.

Thanks Marit Anne.

I cannot see any airbnb contact number in my receipt and it keeps sending me back to the resolution center where I can only talk to the host... Is there any other way to contact Airbnb?

Thanks!

Valentina

Then perhaps try google contacting airbnb + your country or use the search window above for same or for community hlep guides.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Valentina . What should have happened is that you called BNB or contacted them through your reservation and  told them that the accommodation wasn't suitable because there weren't three full size bed as advertised. BNB would then haved cancelled the booking, given you a refund and helped you find somewhere else.

Community Help forum first post has all the contact details. Give them a call.